Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to device via CLI to install clock face

Hi all, I'm following this guide https://dev.fitbit.com/getting-started/ 

I have:

1. Logged in my fitbit sense 2
  2. Logged in my Fitbit Android app
  3. Logged in the fitbit CLI
  4. Logged into Gallery Admin 
  5. Enabled Developer Bridge (on my fitbit device it says "Connected" with also Debug USB on)
  6. Created an application using npx create-fitbit-app my-first-clock (clock face with no companion)
  7. Run npx fitbit and built the clock face successfully.

However, while in "npx fitbit" I type "install" it says "No devices are connected and available". Typying "connect device" reports the same error. Instead typying "connect phone" correctly connects to my android app.

I'm using node 14 as suggested. The pc, the android phone and the fitbit device are all connected to the same WiFi network.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

The SDK for Sense 2 development hasn't been released. You might be able to verify that this is the problem by checking the build targets you set in  project.json.

I'm also not sure whether current Sense 2 firmware fully supports the USB dev bridge.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @simondvt - if you manage to create an app or clock for the Sense 2 and load it to the Gallery you can install it via the Gallery private link [OPEN APP}.

However you cannot test it with this method. Without a Simulator, or direct load to the watch, you won't have a console log. Someone reported installing a USB driver for the PC had worked, however.

There are many differences to the current SDK and without knowing what they are and without a log it will be difficult to resolve any issues you may have.

Of course if it is a very simple thing you are creating it may just work with the private link, but you won't be able to publish it in the Gallery.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@simondvt- a thought - if you want to develop and test, switching to a Sense, Versa 3 or 2 may be the way to go which have features the Sense 2 doesn't, at least you can develop using the simulator.

If you just got the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes