Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update apps after dev firmware update

ANSWERED

So I updated with the dev firmware, and was able to update most of the apps, with the exceptions of 'exercise', 'coach', and 'weather', with varying error messages. I'm performing the update from the Fitbit iPhone app.

At the suggestion of support, I've submitted my email address to downgrade the dev firmware back to production release, but as we're coming up on the weekend it will probably be close to a week before I can reset. I was looking forward to using the device over the weekend, so are there any suggestions as to what could cause these apps to be unable to update, or any advice on troubleshooting? If I try to update from the Windows 10 app, is there any logging that can be turned on?

thanks in advance for any help

[edit] added error messages. These messages were from back-to-back attempts to install ‘exercise’ while the ionic was plugged in and resting on the face of the phone.

7D769B16-4CED-47FA-83E4-5A34AB5C412B.png

0DE34F5D-325B-43CF-B6C7-7E72F0C06FF6.png

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You've been removed from the dev firmware, so you should be able to factory reset now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

You've been removed from the dev firmware, so you should be able to factory reset now.

Best Answer

Wow, thank you. Are there any plans to release an emulator for development?

Best Answer

Got same issue. 3 apps(coach, weather and exercise not installing. Saying same connection lost. I have filled form 2 days ago. Not sure if this is because of my email still not been removed from developer account?? Can anyone help please??

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Yurisrus wrote:

Got same issue. 3 apps(coach, weather and exercise not installing. Saying same connection lost. I have filled form 2 days ago. Not sure if this is because of my email still not been removed from developer account?? Can anyone help please??

If you have been removed from the developer preview, then you need to factory reset to return to the default firmware and apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for quick reply

I have filled form 2 days ago (48hr) to remove me, so I guess I have been removed by now. 

I already done factory reset, and it downgraded by Ionic to default firmware. It also installed all the apps apart of Weather, Coach and Exercise. Every time I’m going in to iOS app, it says finishing installing apps and then problem with Wifi connection.  I have added pictures as well. For some reason it still showing developer menu in my iOS Fitbit app?..Message when going into appsMessage when going into apps

54155AA3-1E5F-4290-9B56-E3D143FAFC48.png

D84AA9FA-4838-42BE-992C-EE73BB9A36BC.png

Still showing developer menu in IOS app???Still showing developer menu in IOS app???

WiFi is connected!!WiFi is connected!!

Error messageError message

CAC3E499-B023-4506-8365-1A2ED8049F58.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

One more:9135C3AF-C976-46D5-9576-0FE38A7753EC.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes