Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded phone and companion doesn't start anymore

ANSWERED

I switched my phone to a new model, still iOS.

The companion doesn't start anymore and messaging is basically broken.

I removed and re-paired the ionic with no improvement.

Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I took a walk and came back with an idea: redeploying the app. It worked. I wonder if the app ended up in a bad state. Worth investigating on your side, I ran out of phones. 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

It's a wild guess, but maybe unpairing like you did in the companion but also on bluetooth and after that, doing a hard reset of the Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I took a walk and came back with an idea: redeploying the app. It worked. I wonder if the app ended up in a bad state. Worth investigating on your side, I ran out of phones. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, that kind of makes sense, as I guess the companion is deployed at installation time. Once the ionic is paired to a new phone the companion would be missing and messaging broken...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@paperinik: I guess it makes sense, but I'll check with the product team to be sure, thanks for letting us know and finding a solution to your problem 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are welcome. Seems like a bug, but I don't know what would be the ideal behavior since the app was sideloaded. For full store apps I would expect that all companions get reinstalled at pair time, especially since users wouldn't know what is wrong...

Best Answer
0 Votes