Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using an actual Fitbit for testing

How can I upload my Fitbit Studio created watch face(s) onto my Fitbit for testing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, welcome to the forums. Try following the directions in the getting started docs.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm missing something here.  I don't see a 'developer' option in the Fitbit app. And, I'm unable to attach my phone and Fitbit watch to Fitbit Studio.  Help Please.  

Is there a way to install a watch face that was downloaded from Fitbit Studio?

Best Answer
0 Votes

They did skip a step in the guide.

To connect to the bridge, you need to open the fitbit app on your phone, then click on your watch.

If you have one of the supported devices, You should see a developer menu under all the tiles for Clock faces, Apps, Media, etc.

I do not know if you need to enable it on your phone if you just want to test a face.

In order to connect a watch, open the settings app on your watch, under heart rate, there should be a developer bridge.

You can bypass the SDK, but you cannot directly sideload an app.

The way you bypass the SDK uses the same communication interface.  The directions are here for the CLI.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LaVez wrote:

I'm missing something here.  I don't see a 'developer' option in the Fitbit app. And, I'm unable to attach my phone and Fitbit watch to Fitbit Studio.  Help Please.  

Is there a way to install a watch face that was downloaded from Fitbit Studio?

The watch will have to successfully synchronize with the Fitbit servers before Developer mode is available, and sometimes this is problematic.

Restarting your phone and opening the Fitbit app again is usually sufficient to get the sync to successfully trigger and enable the developer mode. Restarting the watch also works, but it is more complicated.

To install from Fitbit Studio you will need to select your watch and phone after putting them in developer mode. Hitting run at that point will sideload the app onto your watch.

morningReign_0-1594166630165.png

Hope this helps,

Reign

Best Answer
0 Votes