Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa developer device

From what I see at Twitter posts/pics, some of the developers or clock face designers are already using a physical Versa. How can that be happen, because the Versa is not yet available! Is this a developer device? How can one request a developer device?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

That would be great, certainly don't fancy dropping £200 just to test watch faces or apps. I mean I can use the simulator (when it works) but there is no guarantee that gives you what exactly will be seen. 

The one time I got the simulator working for the Ionic there were differences on the simulator to the watch which I assume will appear as an issue when the Ionic is updated. Developers could really do with access to the 2.0 update on ionic first to check their current apps on the device.

Looks like i will be doing a bit of checking come the update.

Plus, the versa really should have supported the same resolution as the ionic, compatibility and streamlining is key. Most of my watch faces will need a redesign for Versa, which will be a bit of a pain without one to test them on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, but the simulator is a huge step in the right direction. Because it is also a mostly web-based IDE, one can use a simple tablet to create apps and/or clock faces. No lots of gigabytes needed like Visual Studio or Android Studio. I also think we will see more improvements of the next few weeks. A GUI designer would be great.

Best Answer
0 Votes