Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa - "Oops, looks like there's no Internet connection" on GAM private link

ANSWERED

Hello,

Am writing an app (using SDK CLI), and just before rounding up the development, I would like to test the non-sideloaded app on my device. However, I have not been able to install it via the generated private link (https://gam.fitbit.com/gallery/app/61cc13ae-e73c-4026-9a73-2f4d43237503), as the redirect to the app keeps showing "Oops, looks like there's no Internet connection";  even though there clearly is internet connection, both on my mobile phone and on my watch. 

Things I have tried:

* Removed the previously sideloaded version of said app;

* Restarted both phone and watch

* Reinstalled the mobile app

* Search for related issue on this forum: Closest I found is https://community.fitbit.com/t5/SDK-Development/Ionic-Unable-to-install-an-app-from-a-private-link/t... and I have tried the suggested for but doesn't quite work for this specific case as the issues are different.

* Waited (~for 48 hours) in case the issue is temporary.

None of these seems to have worked. Is there a problem with GAM private links, or is there something I need to do before I can use the app from the generated link?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

thought I should take another look at this since it seems to not be a popular problem. Since I have done most of the things that's Fitbit specific, I took a look at other environment variables I have not considered. And as it turned out, the issue here is related to the ad blocker (AdAway) I had on my phone. Disabling the ad blocker and restarting the Fitbit companion app fixed this issue.

Don't quite know why that is the case though, considering the Fitbit app store has always worked even with the ad blocker turned on.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

thought I should take another look at this since it seems to not be a popular problem. Since I have done most of the things that's Fitbit specific, I took a look at other environment variables I have not considered. And as it turned out, the issue here is related to the ad blocker (AdAway) I had on my phone. Disabling the ad blocker and restarting the Fitbit companion app fixed this issue.

Don't quite know why that is the case though, considering the Fitbit app store has always worked even with the ad blocker turned on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I have been pulling my hair out trying to find out what suddenly caused my connection problem. I have had ad-away running for months without any issue until recently. I just now disabled it and my watchface options showed back up right away. I did not even have to restart the fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On the same boat. But why? There's no Fitbit url in the list that AdWay generates!

Best Answer
0 Votes