Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa unable to connect to wifi after a break

Hi all,

I ask because I've been developing with it in Fitbit Studio for a few days now. I didn't have any problem at first, but now I am regularly encountering issues where the Versa will not connect to studio (or even wifi) when I leave and come back to work on it the next day.

I found another thread which suggested switching the mode of my wireless network back and forth to regain the ability to connect to the wifi network. Despite this being absolute madness, it worked for me yesterday. But here I am today with a device that won't connect to wifi again.

I've tried rebooting it. I've tried rebooting the access points. I've tried restarting the fitbit app. I've tried the toggling wifi modes. I've tried removing and re-adding the networks. I've not yet tried incense and small animal sacrifice, but that seems like the next step.

Maybe there's some disconnect process I need to go through to make sure the Versa and my fitbit app (android) are disconnected cleanly at the end of the day? Maybe letting Fitbit studio lapse into needing to refresh the login while devices are connected is part of the problem?

I've seen threads on this forum where people mention an "Error 1006". I don't seem to be getting any errors, other than the status not ever connecting to the wifi and developer bridge not getting past "Connecting to Server". Are there more diagnostic tools that are available to me than Settings > About > IP Address?

I'm frustrated and could use any help I can get.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Did this resolve itself? It sounds like a temporary network problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes