Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa2 upgrade to Versa3

Hi all,

I just created a custom clock face with the SDK v4.2, which means supporting everything up to Versa2.

Now I want to extend this clock face for Versa3 and Sense using SDK v6.1.

Do I have to treat it like a new project, or there is a way to upgrade my current/existing project?

What is the best way to do it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

This should get you started. I think it needs to be a new project in CLI/Studio, but published as different versions with the same UUID in the one GAM app.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Does this mean that I have to do the following:

• Edit package.json -> package.json.txt and update the UUID to the existing published version (SDK v4.2)
  • Rename back to package.json
  • Build the version
  • Publish and get the .fba file
  • Upload this version in the existing GAM (supporting Versa2) as a different incremental version

Additional questions:

• How can I update the Supported devices?
Best Answer

That sounds exactly right. I deduce that you're using Studio. I haven't used that for years, but I think you may be able to adjust the build targets while you're hacking package.json. You probably want atlas and vulcan.

Be careful not to destroy your current Studio project. It might be best to use a separate Studio project for the SDK6 build, with files copied across.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer

Hi @Gondwana,

Thank you for the suggestions and your support.

The approach worked I just got my changes approved and published, so the app is available for all FitBit devices.

Thanks once again and all the best.

Cheers 

Best Answer

@uezbeWell done, and thanks for the thanks!

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes