Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchface vs App

ANSWERED

I created what I thought was a watch face and it appeared to function as a watch face and replace the installed watch face. Then I added settings to it and it now appears as an app in the menu after the Starbucks app.

Did I do something accidentally to change it from a watch face to an app, or is the presence of settings and a companion app make it no longer a watch face? Does it really matter? From what I remember, when it was a watch face the shortcut button to things like exercises worked, now as an app they don't work. Are there other differences?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

In the Fitbit Studio, under the "package.json" file, did you verify the Project Configuration type is "Clockface" and not "App"?   This dropdown is how you can change your project to an app or to a watchface and vise-versa. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

In the Fitbit Studio, under the "package.json" file, did you verify the Project Configuration type is "Clockface" and not "App"?   This dropdown is how you can change your project to an app or to a watchface and vise-versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes