Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build clock face for sense 2 with fitbit sdk 7.2.0-pre.0

Hi everyone, I managed to build and install a simple clock face on sense 2, with fitbit SDK version 7.2.0-pre.0. It's a very simple clock face, with a background logo and clock hands and it works quite well. The problem is that I have to get data relating to daily steps, heart rate and activities in general.

To do this I used the API and logic of the fitbit SDK version 6.1.0, with related permissions. This version of the clock face compiles correctly, but it cannot be installed on the device, the installation remains in a loop.

Has anyone managed to create a clock face on sense 2, which takes parameters such as heart rate, daily steps, calories consumed, etc.? Can you share the main steps and maybe the source code? Thank you all

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

That doesn't sound like a code problem. Can you remove the clockface and try again?

MAJOR long-shot: set the display timeout period to maximum (60 seconds) before installing.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @dev_abmedica - a better option may be to write it for a Sense using the documented SDK which will allow you to test using the simulator.

Once it is working try rebuilding and adding it to your gallery project and use the private link to install it.

There are a number of incompatibilities with the later SDK but at least you will know that is the cause.

As regards installing a logout of the Fitbit App and phone and watch restart often help.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Hi @dev_abmedica .
Maybe you've already solved the problem, but I'll write about what I experienced here.

First of all, even if I uploaded only the watch face compiled with "SDK version 7.2.0-pre.0" and build target "rhea, hera", I could not install it with a private link.
In addition, by uploading a watch face compiled with the build target "atlas, vulcan" using "SDK version 6.1.0" to the same APP, it was possible to install it via a private link.
(This means that the "SDK6.1.0" dial and the "SDK7.2.0" dial were uploaded as different versions.)

At this time, I experienced a phenomenon where the installation looped unless I uploaded the dial compiled with "SDK7.2.0" as a newer version than the dial compiled with "SDK6.1.0".
(To be precise, there was only one loop. After installing the one compiled with "SDK7.2.0" on Sense2, it seemed that "SDK6.1.0" was automatically installed again.)

Please note that this is just my guess and is not accurate information.
P.S. The SDK6.1.0 dial can be installed on the simulator, which speeds up debugging.

Best Answer

Hi @tama123 - thanks for the info.

If you have SDK 4, 6, 7 versions in your private link it will install the most recent SDK 7 version for the compatible firmware of the Sense 2 unless the latest version is for a newer firmware than that installed on the watch (in which case it won't install)

This regardless of the order the other SDK versions are added.

In short your most recent SDK 7 version added to the project must be lower or equal to the firmware on the watch (irrespective of SDK 4 or 6 versions, which don't apply to a Sense 2).

Best Answer

Hi @Guy_ . 
My sense2 may be behaving strangely.
I had changed the contents of the dial between SDK7.2.0 and SDK6.1.0, but after the contents of SDK7.2.0 were installed, it seemed that SDK6.1.0 was automatically installed again.
However, since I could not reproduce it, it seems that the order of uploading does not matter as you say.

My sense2 basically seems to have a dial created with SDK6.1.0 ("atlas", "vulcan") installed. However, the "Install" button(private link destination) will not be activated unless the SDK7.2.0 ("rhea", "hera") dial has also been uploaded.

It is also necessary to upload a dial created with SDK 7.2.0 just to activate the "Install" button on the private link destination.

It may be because my sense2 is not distributed with the latest FitbitOS (ver194.61). (Or maybe it's because it runs in Japanese?)
For now, I'm enjoying creating dials.

thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@tama123 - 194.61 has been withdrawn due to too many problems.

You will only get OPEN APP in the browser private link if the SDK and firmware level are compatible.

A tip. Develop for a Sense 1 (SDK 6) on the simulator - that way you can fully test and debug, then convert to SDK 7 for the private link.

Best Answer