Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connection Error 1006 on watch when connecting to server (Dev bridge)

Hi 

I can't seem to be able to connect fitbit studio with my watch. It says connecting to server and afterwards displays Connection error 1006.  I'm not sure how to fix this.

I was also wondering if I could install my clockfaces that I made in Fitbit studio without publishing them?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards 

Radu

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

You can install your clock face from Fitbit Studio to your watch. You also publish your clock face as private in the App Gallery so you'll be able to share the link, but it won't be listed publicly.

As for the connection error, may I suggest you restart the watch and try again?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I restarted the watch and also factory reset but still connecting to server gives error.

Can I Install my clockface to my watch without this connection? I'm guessing it's not possible.

I'v been trying for ages to connect to the studio but keeps getting 1006 error. Even tried next to the router but still does not work. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

The only way to install an app on your watch outside of using Fitbit Studio is from the App Gallery, which doesn't solve your issue.

Did you try with a different wifi network?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I tried with the wifi network from work but also did'nt work :s. Really not sure what can be the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So I guess it's not a firewall/proxy issue... Were you able to update the firmware using the wifi (and not the bluetooth)? Sorry, going to some basic questions/scenarios to help you figured out what is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The wifi on my fitbit app is all good, and I can connect my phone to the studio. I also see an IP adres on my watch when going to About on my ionic. So I know a Wifi connection is established but when pressing connect is says "Connecting to server" and after a couple of minutes it says "Connection error 1006".

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK, I'm checking with the Fitbit Studio team as I'm not sure what is happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay thank you so much. I could try to publish the clockface to the appstore but i'm affraid it's very similar to the new adidas clockface so it would probably not be accepted :p. I also have some clockfaces with backgrounds from my personal fotoalbum so that's why I would really like to use them privately. 

Hopefully I can fix this fast. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you try with the simulator, can you deploy your app to it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I can connect to the simulator with no problem, that is how I've been able to design my clockfaces.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have some more information or a walkthrough on how I can retry to connect my ionic. It keeps giving the  Connection error 1006.

Grtz

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, my phone connects to the developer bridge immediately but watch (Ionic) gives me a "Connection error 1006". Tried restarting the watch. Confirmed the watch has an IP address and I have been able to connect to the bridge from the watch on this WiFi network before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi thanks for letting me know. I have'nt been able to connect to the dev bridge once! 

Also when I go to Wi fi settings on my phone it says "Connected". So I don't know what else it can I do I checked all the requirements ? 

Best Answer

Okay so after reading a lot of different comments. I tried something another user suggested. If you make your phone into a wifi hotspot and connect your ionic with that wifi signal it will connect to the development bridge. I'm not sure why that works and my other wifi connection does not but I finally can use my watchfaces :). Good luck, hopefully it will work for anyone else till Fitbit can find a way to fix the wifi problems.

Best Answer

If it's working like this there is definitely something with your wifi, but it's hard to tell without trying this with you. At least you have a solution to deploy your app!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same problem here.  Watch does one of two things: 1) it is connected to network with IP address showing in the about menu but after a while it gets a 1006 error or 2) it just keeps trying with a 'connecting to server' message (sometimes gets a wifi connection error). The only thing different for me is that the watch upgraded to 27.32.4.19 since the last time I connected.  Restart has no effect on the results.  I never get a connected message.  The phone connects and shows up in fitbit studio but not the ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After trying a bunch of things it finally started working when I went to the fitbit app on the phone and deleted the wifi settings and reentered them.

Best Answer

Could you maybe tell what does the error code "1006" mean?

Best Answer

Superb advise to use the mobile phone as a hotspot to connect the Versa.

I did that and managed to upload my watch app to the Versa. I had the Connection error 1006  for the longest time!

Best Answer
0 Votes