Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fit bit for jewelry_functions and limitations?

ANSWERED

Hi there, 

I'm designing a wearable jewelry piece as an extension of a software project that is in development.  Initially I am looking to produce a pendant for a necklace, rather than a readable watch face. I am imagining to make a simple piece that communicates the information desired through various vibrations that are set up in an app via bluetooth. In essence a scheduling/synchronization and notification piece. The Tory Burch designer collection is a good example of this but of course would be particular to our software project. 

Is the vibration scheduling/notification function possible with the fitbit tech? 

And what is the size of scale of the tech that needs to be put into the jewelry piece? The specs on this obviously will effect the design options we are able to come up with? 

Any insight would be appreciated! thx! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Flex2 is tiny, notifications on the phone can trigger vibrations on the device, but it doesn't have a dedicated SDK or APIs.

https://www.fitbit.com/flex2

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

The Flex2 is tiny, notifications on the phone can trigger vibrations on the device, but it doesn't have a dedicated SDK or APIs.

https://www.fitbit.com/flex2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Jon! I am sending this info over to my developers to see how we can make this work. Looks like a great fit and hopefully we can integrate it with our platform. 

Cheers

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really interested in any Fitbit jewelry options.  I don't like wearing a Fitbit on a strap (they're ugly and I want to wear my watch) and so I have the original Zip.  I've lost 2 of them as they've fallen out of a pocket.  I'm only really interested in counting steps and would love to find a tiny Fitbit like a jewelry charm that could clip on to a charm bracelet or necklace.  What do you think?  I know other ladies who feel exactly the same as me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm impressed with your idea, it's a wonderful idea. I know from my wife's complaints that she can't wear a watch or stay on the phone all the time for some special events. This pendant would be a great way out. My wife loves various kinds of chains necklaces and pendants. Your pendant would definitely be in her collection. I'm sorry I can't help you, but I wanted to leave a review and say that your idea is amazing, I think many people will agree with me. You will need to think through a great advertising campaign. Good luck to you.

Best Answer
0 Votes