Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how can i send message from device(fitbit studio) to internet or iPhone

ANSWERED

I have seem the Messaging API (device & companion)

Still can't understand what't that mean

Even though i copy the example on  reference

They just can't run!!!

Console:Sideload of companion failed.No response received for RPC call to 'app.install.stream.begin'

help me plzzzzzzz

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Fitbit messaging API only sends messages between the clockface/app running on the watch, and the companion component of that clockface/app which runs within the Fitbit mobile app on your phone. To get messages out of the Fitbit system, you have to use fetch() or WebSocket within your companion component.

The RPC error is not related to the messaging API. It just indicates that your phone or simulator isn't connected to the development environment.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Elaborate.

Try it on the simulator/on the real thing.

Your error says only it can't connect to a device.

Does any app load to a (simulated) device?

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer

I connect to my iPhone and my watch, how can i catch message from my iPhone😥

Best Answer
0 Votes

I assume you have developer mode on on both phone and fitbit.

Why are you not using a simulator? 

Community Council MemberMario Dings | Rotterdam NL
Fitbit: Versa, Versa2, Sense. (Versa light) - Phone: Android. - Developer clockfaces.(Nederlands)
Best Answer
0 Votes

I using simulator before and it work.But I need to output these data to database.So i want to try some physical thing

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit messaging API only sends messages between the clockface/app running on the watch, and the companion component of that clockface/app which runs within the Fitbit mobile app on your phone. To get messages out of the Fitbit system, you have to use fetch() or WebSocket within your companion component.

The RPC error is not related to the messaging API. It just indicates that your phone or simulator isn't connected to the development environment.

Peter McLennan
Gondwana Software
Best Answer