making a clock face

ANSWERED

I got some code from git

did the steps at https://dev.fitbit.com/getting-started/

have a clock face running in the simulator

now I want to change the position of some elements

I edit the css file in vs code or something and change the x value

I am guessing where it maybe should be

I run bi to see if my guess is close enough and keep doing that, endlessly?  Is that the state of the art of fitbit js development?

25 years ago we had wysiwyg editors for visual elements of code.  We don't have that for javascript development?  What am I missing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @hwweakarm  - you are right there is no graphical design tool and the coordinates of fields have to be entered manually in the parameter files (CSS or SVG).

You may find an online svg design tool which could give you the coordinates to enter manually.

To speed up the process you can also directly edit the index.view file in the simulator roaming directory files and restart the clock or app to see the change and then use those values in the your project for the next build.

Just in case you miss a change keep the edited file, as the index.view file will of course get overwritten with the next build and install.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @hwweakarm  - you are right there is no graphical design tool and the coordinates of fields have to be entered manually in the parameter files (CSS or SVG).

You may find an online svg design tool which could give you the coordinates to enter manually.

To speed up the process you can also directly edit the index.view file in the simulator roaming directory files and restart the clock or app to see the change and then use those values in the your project for the next build.

Just in case you miss a change keep the edited file, as the index.view file will of course get overwritten with the next build and install.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes