Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike ride: Sense II tracks time, but screws up distance

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This has happened a few times. Last situation: I rode 16 miles in about 70 minutes. My Waho app showed the time, distance, speed and track correctly. My FB got the time correct, seemed to get HR and position correct, but only showed 6 miles and a totally screwed up GPS track. It has done this a few times. Sometimes it's spot on, occasionally it loses it mind.

Any thoughts or advice? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@Ronin51   My experience with the Sense 2 GPS is like yours.  I have experience with four different models with built in GPS: Ionic, Charge 4, Versa 3, and Sense 2.  The Sense 2 has been the least accurate of the four.  I haven't seen a Sense 2 teardown, but I suspect the other sensors (ECG and EDA) put the GPS antenna in a bad spot.

My only advice is to keep your eye out for the firmware update that has started rolling out.  The update is supposed to include Dynamic GPS, so you can use your phone's GPS.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

With its small antenna, yes I found that holding a GPS lock a little frustrating. 

I found the GLONASS (Charge 4 or 5) option most reliable. This system, does less polling, also uses less battery 

One antenna is shared by all the radios. 

Yes the phone with a larger antenna will work better 

Best Answer
0 Votes