Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Wallet not syncing with Sense 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

i cannot get the google wallet and the watch to sync, it says something went wrong error connecting to sense 2. make sure that is close and turned on which it is. fitbit pay worked on my original watch however it got a fault which could not be fixed so was sent a replacement. while trying to add my card to fitbit pay i changed it to google wallet. does google wallet on the fibit require nfc or does it use bluetooth?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

Reply is still same...

Shame on you Fitbit / google...

Screenshot_20230409_164345_Edge.jpg

Best Answer

https://support.google.com/wallet/thread/201082977/card-supported-in-google-wallet-cannot-be-added-t... me to...can everyone mark this post with 'you have the same question' to drive support 

Best Answer

It's May and still have the issue 

Best Answer

I also have the same issue.  Any updates on this?

The problem still exists and the company can't solve it, why release a new product if the basic option doesn't work. On sense 1 everything worked properly, why the fitbit pay option was not left until the google wallet was repaired.

Best Answer

Adding my name to the list.  I asked them if this is a known issue and the reply was "YES"

Fitbit Support:

We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon. Be sure to keep your Fitbit device and app up-to-date to ensure you receive the quickest resolution.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the details and screenshots provided, as well as your efforts while working on this matter. I wanted to let you know that this issue has been forwarded to our team for further investigation. While currently don't have a time frame for the fix, please know they're working on this matter and we'll keep them informed of the impact it has for you.

I truly appreciate your patience and I'll update this thread once I have more details.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy,

Personally I have had this issue since end of January, when I bought my sense 2. For such a major issue it would be expected that some movement would be made. The last email I got from fitbit said that they were glad they had helped me with the problem. They did not in anyway help with the problem. When I mentioned this they said I would have to start a new complaint.

Could you please be honest and just confirm whether or not this is actually being looked at?

Thanks

Best Answer

Dear Lizzy Fitbit

I find your updated post to be disgraceful & insulting to all Fitbit users. 

I initially raised my issue on the 6th February. You posted a response 21st February and I replied to your post on the same date. I have reviewed your 21st February post against your todays post. Largely the only significant difference in today's update is the date!!.

There has to be a solution, could I offer the solution of reinstalling/reinstating Fitbit Pay which worked perfectly. 

You need to be honest with customers and tell them before purchasing that there is a problem (which we are aware of but no plans to remedy any time soon) with Google wallet and connecting to NFC enabled Fitbit watches.

Customers wouldn't accept an airline who couldn't fix a plane. Please tell us what is the technological issue and what steps/progress you have made since your post in February?

Customers wouldn't accept an airline who couldn't fix a plane

Best Answer

I have the same issue, except I get an error message when it tries to authorise with the bank

I have seen another thread where Fitbit are blaming Google and Google are blaming Fitbit which is hilarious as Google own Fitbit 🤦‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

It is unbelievable to be in this situation this long because of company like Google / Fitbit. I believe all of us should start making more noise about this issues and start sharing / posting how Google/Fitbit handles the problem ( they simply don't do anything ) in every possible platform we can. All people out there should knows the problem and make their decisions accordingly. I was a Fitbit fun more than 5 years also have big respect to google. Now that is all gone.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit are your development team able to replicate this? If not and you can share source code, build and debug instructions. Then I could have a crack at root causing it for you next week. Let me know 

Best Answer

This is still happening. I've tried it from both my Android phone as well as iPad and it fails from both. Bluetooth and everything else works fine, it's just the Google Wallet not working.

Having this kind of issue not fixed after so many months is simply unacceptable, especially since Google owns both Google Wallet as well as FitBit!

Best Answer

Bonjour Ronan. Comment êtes vous passé de Google pay a fitbit pay? Je ne trouve pas comment faire .

Best Answer

Funnily enough I am having the same problem and by all the comments so is everyone else. Not good enough seeing the watch is not cheap and now also has no apps or Spotify 

Surly if it works on other watches it should work on this watch. Starting to wonder why I even bought the sense 2 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is July 19th and I've reached out as well. This is my current conversation with them.

1000000968.jpg

1000000969.jpg

1000000970.jpg

1000000971.jpg

This was the last response I got.

 "Sorry for the inconvenience. Our team is still reviewing your case. I'll be back to you as soon as an update is available. Thank you." -some fitbit/google employee

 -------------------

I will continue to update as messages come. But this is the rest of my conversation with them.

DavideFitbit_0-1690721041342.jpeg

Best Answer

Wow,  looking back ,  this thread/discussion about the Google Wallet issues started over 8 months ago!   I still have all my emails and chat sesssions from back in the day.   At this point I have tried all the suggested steps by tech support with no positive reults either.

Best Answer

Hi folks, I have the same issue with my Sense 2 too. After trying everything I contacted once again to Fitbit support and they told me they are still working on a solution (same reply for months). Same as other folks impacted I am seriously considering ditching my Fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whenever I try to set up Google Wallet on my Fitbit sense 2, I get to a screen where I select my card that's already working on Google wallet, I enter my 3 digit security code, I'm moved to a screen that says "Contacting your bank..." Then I get "Something went wrong, please try again later" with the option to dismiss. 

Truly pathetic stuff from Fitbit.

Best Answer

Same issue here ... waiting for months and still not having any solution. Fitbit Pay worked fine in the past

----

Hello!! It's working right now with the new app version. I didn't receive the update but I have downloaded manually the ap k

I have been facing the error connection and now it's working fine 

Best Answer

Hi, would you please let us know where did you find updated fitbit app?

Best Answer
0 Votes