Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Before It Starts Working Properly?

Just switched from versa 2 to sense 2 on Monday. It’s still not recognizing when I go for a walk until halfway through it. So a 40 min not is logging as 23 minutes etc. I don’t want to have to start exercise every time I go for a walk. My versa 2 just knew without me taking that extra step. I realize it takes a bit for the new device to adapt to your movement etc but how long should I wait before I start complaining or thinking there might be an issue with it?

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @LRP2023 - a Sense 2 has it's own GPS which can often be erratic.

Go through the steps to start a walk but swipe up the watch face and turn off the GPS and see how that goes.

You don't have to actually start a walk at this point, you can let it auto detect without the GPS.

It will also save the battery and if you know the route you won't need GPS anyway.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I have the sense2 and the walking recognition works fine for me. However it never recognises me swimming, it’s convinced I’m doing elliptical. I can’t be bothered fiddling with the unfriendly UI watch interface each time so now it just books my swimming as elliptical. This is my first fitness watch and it doesn’t live up to the hype at all. Really disappointed with it. I keep checking for updates to see if they fix the things I’ve reported but no updates so far. I’m wondering if garmin would have been a better bet. 

Best Answer

I really liked my Versa but this one seems to be a bit sluggish and yeah, sometimes it also just randomly thinks I’ve started a bike exercise when I’ve just been sitting doing nothing. Kind of weird. lol!

Best Answer

Hey there. Thanks for the tips. I don’t really need GPS but my point is that I really just want to be able to walk out the door and start walking without having to remember to push buttons or swipe. My Versa 2 was really good at doing that so I can’t figure out why this one isn’t kicking in for several minutes after I’ve been walking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LRP2023 - try a watch restart by holding the watch button for 10 seconds till it blanks or vibrates and wait for the logo to appear and for it to start. This might improve things.

Also check your watch button shortcut assignments, as a casual press can easily start something unexpectedly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LRP2023 - select walk using the button but before starting swipe up and remove about detect and set others accordingly.

In the Fitbit App it should still show your walk, if it is longer than the auto detect time set in the Fitbit App.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ll try a restart and yeah, I’ve enabled the quick start. Trying to remember to push the button is my challenge. lol! 

Best Answer

It used to work 1000x better before Google took over

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I just say that I hate the Sense 2? Other than the thinner profile than the original, I think I regret upgrading. It's just such a disappointment. I have the opposite problem. My Sense 2 just randomly ends workout tracking in the middle of a walk. So I get ripped off of workout time as well. To rub it in my face, the app won't let me add the missing time to the workout it prematurely ended. What's the point of having an expensive device that has a mind of its own and that developers can't be bothered to fix the issue. To be honest, there are days I just want to smash it. It has some other good features, but I don't use it much anymore, because I can't be bothered. It just stresses me out. The technology is supposed to make life easier, not worse. I gave it another chance to redeem itself today, only to be disappointed yet again.

Best Answer
0 Votes