Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal trim on back of Sense 2 fell off

Has anyone had this problem and is it safe to use superglue to fix.  See pic

20230629_101608.jpeg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
278 REPLIES 278

I filed a case over a month ago on September 6th and have not heard anything back after my initial contact. I received an email saying they were working on it on September 10th. I have the same problem. Any help in finding out what's going on would be appreciated. Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to my watch. It was a Christmas gift last year so I don’t have a receipt or the box anymore . Am I still able to get them to fix it ?

----

This was very helpful. Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, they use the info in your account.

From Nancy
Best Answer

Yes, mine was a gift too. They did ask where it was bought (which was purchased on the Fitbit site) and they sent me replacement (refurbished according to the email) and I just got it yesterday. I didn't need to provide a receipt at all. Good luck with yours!

Best Answer

I had no problem getting mine replaced. Customer service was fantastic! New face arrived in 2 days!

My question/concern .. if this is a defect with this model and they keep sending out refurbished replacements .. how long before these plates fall off? Will we be able to get another replacement 7 months later? Have they even tried to address the issue and fix the problem?? 

My last Fitbit I wore for over 2 years, in and out of showers, baths, swimming and never had a problem. Only upgraded to this model because it was a gift.

Just curious. I ❤️ my Fitbit.

Oh if Google just bought you when will our watches be compatible with GoogleFit?

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit,

This too happened to my fitbit sense 2. I chatted with someone yesterday and received an email, stating I was no longer in warranty. This seems to be a recurring problem with this watch, and it's too expensive to replace literally after a couple of weeks over a year. I bought it Oct 9 of 2022. What can be done?

Best Answer

I would lay into them about this. It’s ridiculous that a known problem is disregarded because of a week past purchase date.  Be nice in your complaint, but let them know this is unacceptable. 

Best Answer
I definitely will. Thank you!

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Best Answer
0 Votes

They know it's a problem so I would give the same advice. Too many people are having this problem and it needs to be resolved permanently.

Best Answer

I woke up this morning and I had the same situation. I already talked with support. My Fitbit Sense 2 has one year, one month. outside of warranty. I love my Fitbit but no more these devices. Definitely is a factory issue, all these persons, having the same issue can't be a coincidence. If I buy a new one, how can I be sure that is not going to happen again? 

Moving to Galaxy o Garmin. Sorry. 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit i had the same thing happen to my watch. One of the metal plates has fallen off the back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

IMG_8547.jpeg

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I'm sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for the additional information as well as the pictures provided.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit the entire back of my sense is coming off. I know I am out of warranty. Do I have any options? Even for some kind of credit?

Best Answer

This happened to me yesterday. My watch was irritating my skin, which rarely happens. I took it off to change the strap and wash my hands. As I was putting it back on, I noticed a piece of metal in the sink. It looked familiar and noticed both of the same pieces were missing off my watch. Don't know when the first piece fell off, but that must have been the cause of the irritation. 

I called to open a case right away. Just got an email that I'm declined because it's out of warranty. Double checked when I purchased it and it is 1 month over the 1 year. I have been a loyal Fitbit customer and a Premium user for many many years now. You would think they would recognize that and cut me some slack. I'm thinking of taking my business elsewhere now...might be time to move on.  

----

ManuFitbit_0-1700331936259.jpeg

Picture for proof

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen to mine. Took the watch off to get ready for bed, and the silver trim was stuck to my wrist. I called customer service and they had me email them  a picture of my Fitbit next to a case number (they gave me) written on a piece of paper. They sent me a replacement. I will say however that I’m really disappointed in the fact that they sent me a REFURBISHED sense 2. If this watch was a year old, I might not mind as much, but I paid $260 for a new sense 2 and also added the extended 2 year warranty less than 4 months ago. I would have rather had a new replacement. My charge 5 had to be replaced once due to manufacturer issues. Then when the replacement died it was just out of the original warranty date, so they offered me 30% off regular retail price on a new model. That’s why I added the additional two year warranty on my sense 2. Not sure how I feel about the durability of these trackers or the customer service.🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Glad I came across this thread. The two metal pieces came off of my fitbit as well. I haven't even had this fitbit for a year.. 😞

17010338674372109615518398192443.jpg

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

@MGoldsmith3 and @BLSchaefer87 Thanks for joining this conversation and letting me know about your watch. Also for the picture attached in your post. Given this situation. I've requested a case on your behalf so our team can look into this and help you out. They'll send an email with more information shortly.

@KSimmarano and @Dani9971 Thanks for the detailed information and pictures provided. I understand your point of view and I'm sorry you've had this experience with your Sense 2. Our team constantly works to improve our devices, and the feedback we received from all our members is a big part of the process. While I don't have access to your case, I'd recommend getting back with our Support team so they can provide you with more information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Liz, one of the metal sensor plate has fallen off of my Sense 2 as well. I just bought the fitbit in June/July. 

17013467848193853128970580839758.jpg

 what are my steps moving forward?

Best Answer

Mine did that. Contacted Fitbit by phone and had a replacement Fitbit on my doorstep in less the 48 hours. Amazing service. 

Best Answer