Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Google Wallet on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

I just bought my new Sense 2 yesterday. I have no Google Wallet option on the App, it does not show up at all in the App. I've looked through this guide (https://9to5google.com/2022/12/05/how-to-add-google-wallet-to-your-fitbit/), yet it doesn't help. Is there anything I could do?

My current specs:

- Sense 2 firmware version 60.20001.184.52 (updated yesterday)

- OnePlus 9 running OxygenOS/Android 13.0

- Fitbit app on said phone with version 3.72 (no updates in Play Store)

- I am located in Finland, which according to this (https://support.google.com/wallet/answer/12060037?hl=en#zippy=%2Cpay-with-your-fitbit-device) is a supported country

- My bank is supported on Google Wallet based on this (https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/technology/google-apps/banks)

- My bank IS NOT supported on Fitbit Pay, hence this would be an important addition

Would love to find a solution, as otherwise I might have no option but to return the watch as this in addition to the missing music controls and third-party support are a bit of a deal breaker. Thank you in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi!

Google Wallet was missing in my app and watch, too. I've managed to bring it to work. This was my way, maybe it works for you, too:

All Steps are done on the smartphone!

• Go to Settings->Apps
  • "Stop" the fitbit-App
  • Clear Cache and Data
  • Open the fitbit-App.
  • You'll find that your account was deleted on your phone (due to clear data above), so re-login
  • The app will tell you that you have to re-pair your Sense 2. Do all the steps the app tells you to do.
  • In the fitbit-App, go to Account -> Sense 2
  • Press on fitbit-pay
  • A window pops up that tells you, that Google Wallet is available for your Sense 2. 
  • Follow the steps of that assistant.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Hi!

Google Wallet was missing in my app and watch, too. I've managed to bring it to work. This was my way, maybe it works for you, too:

All Steps are done on the smartphone!

• Go to Settings->Apps
  • "Stop" the fitbit-App
  • Clear Cache and Data
  • Open the fitbit-App.
  • You'll find that your account was deleted on your phone (due to clear data above), so re-login
  • The app will tell you that you have to re-pair your Sense 2. Do all the steps the app tells you to do.
  • In the fitbit-App, go to Account -> Sense 2
  • Press on fitbit-pay
  • A window pops up that tells you, that Google Wallet is available for your Sense 2. 
  • Follow the steps of that assistant.
Best Answer

@OiledAmoeba Just wanted to say thank you, following these steps helped me get Google Wallet on my Versa 4 (and to get a few other features working too).

Best Answer

@OiledAmoeba This seems to have worked, thank you so much! 🙂

Best Answer

This didnt work for me. I keep getting an error after clicking "Continue" button, "Something ent wrong Error connecting to Sense 2. Make sure it is close by and turned on" which it is. Any other ideas?

Best Answer

Google is really letting Fitbit rot on the vine. I got tired of the issues so I returned my fitbit to target and got a Samsung Galaxy Watch 5. I thought it would be "too much" but its been a flawless experience. Highly recommend.

Best Answer

Thank you so much . It worked for me , too 🙂 .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Really? “Flawless” do you work for google? I just sent my watch 5 back because it kept running out of battery after 13 hours every single day and all the help they gave me was to keep turning things off until all I had was a normal watch that did nothing more than tell time and run out of battery… “flawless” *smh*

Best Answer
0 Votes

I mean “ do you work for Samsung”... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the exact same problem on my PIxel 5 (to make things even more painful this is a Google phone with the pristine, latest version of Android) and the proposed solution did not help at all.

Anyone can help?

I have used Fitbit since 2015 and it is astonishing how things are going down so quickly and how Google is just killing and not fulfilling promises re the Sense 2, which was supposed to be a high end device. It is not even a slow death of Fitbit... 

Best Answer

Hey just wondering. Is it still working for u?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working on my sense 2 and pixel 6a after this. 

Best Answer

same for me alas 😤

Best Answer
0 Votes