Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sens 2 Won't sync. Connects and disconnects every 30 sec 24/7

My sense 2 wont sync data, this is my second sense 2 the past 1.5 months. The first one had the same problem. I have done all the "solved" suggestions on this site, same with the first watch that i returned and got a new one since the store couldent fix it aswell. The watch works the first 2-3 weeks but from i set it up the sense 2 bluetooth continues to connect and disconnect and connect every 30 second 24/4. there is no other bluetooth than the sense 2.Suddenly the watch wont sync at all, some data comes in not all. And if i wait a day, the synced data from the day before is gone from the app and some other lower number is there in stead. The Sync wont ever finnish and it asks me to sync the deveice and there is no invomation on the battery in the app. The only way ive been able to get the watch to connect again is if i factory resett it. Witch i did the week afther easter, and now it cant sync at all. Ive been syncing all day past 3 days but the watch havent got a sync since 15 april. The tecnichans at the store where i bought these watches cant figure it out and none of ur "solved" posts can fix this. Do i need to get a new watch again ? is this brooken? i have a Iphone 15, X and 11 which have the same issues with booth watches ive had. Had no issues with the regular sens that i replaced. And a gain, the bluetooth connects and disconnects from the phone every 30 sec. And if i go and switch clockface etc i get a notification on the screen that the watch is disconnected and then it goes away when it's connectes  again. Please help 2 new watches same problem with 3 different phones. Phone drains batteri from 100 to 6% in 10hours cuz it cant fihhish the sync.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I have the Google Pixel 4 smartphone and very rarely I did succeed in syncing my Sense 2 by switching off and on bluetooth

Although the only way was to restart the phone, so I did put away the Sense 2 using my Garmin watch instead

Now after the Sense 2 Firmware update it is even more difficult

I wonder however it is the Google Pixel 4a smartphone problem rather than related to Sense 2 or Fitbit

I am very upset since I thought buying ALL Google products would save me from compatibility issues

FALSE

This clearly shows the superiority of Apple products to Google ones

Best Answer

I have the same issue, after tens of restarts and several hard resets I contacted the support, they asked me to do all the things I had done again, made me feel like total idiot and in the end told me to try with different phone. So I did, I tried with my business phone and now I have new Pixel 8 Pro phone and the issue is still there. I miss notifications from the phone, data from the band are not getting through to the app, apps in the band are often not updated....

On top of the syncing problems the band often misses floors, sometimes does recognize an activity, sometimes doesn't, it is totally unreliable 😞

I have always loved Fitbit products and Sense 1 was just great, now I have started looking into other options. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Evnzor - there can be an issue if you use multiple devices all running the Fitbit App.

Try turning off everything except the watch and phone. You may still need to toggle Bluetooth and it would be a good idea to restart the watch and logout of the Fitbit App and swipe off the active window and restart the phone and sync.

If this does not work better, try removing the watch Bluetooth entries and repeat the process and run the setup in the Fitbit App, select your watch and replace, this will create a new Bluetooth pair.

A few issues; if you are separated from the phone the connection will be lost, and the new V4 Fitbit App [starting September 2023] has proven to be less robust compared to the previous release and the current version may not reconnect well.

There are 2 Bluetooth entries and the Sense 2 Calls won't stay connected on the phone's Bluetooth, this is normal as it connects automatically only when handling calls.

@stepic7  - it may not be the Sense 2 firmware or phone causing the issue but more likely a version of the Fitbit App.

see above and also Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Guy_ for your effort

I have tried everything, nohope

I did try to find alternatives to Apple Watch, It seems there aren't

Best Answer
0 Votes

So after very long discussions with the support team and providing lots of photos and screenshots they finally accepted the fact the unit was broken and provided a replacement ..... which has exactly the same problem. :((( 

The app keeps "syncing" forever but only part of the data gets through, apps like Weather don't sync at all or only randomly by some miracle ... 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually fitbit was great before Google. I have a Google pixel 6a and am also having crazy issues getting it to sync. I told my phone and watch to forget saved devices and now they won't register at all when I try to set up Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI @Hookgurl - if you removed the watch Bluetooth entries from the phone, you can try to setup your watch again in the Fitbit App which will remake them and pair them. It can't be done manually in the phone Bluetooth

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes