Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 SpO2 data missing from Health Metrics

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

... but in the detail for sp02 it shows the graph of nightly averages up to and including last night.

I'm using Android app, but checked and the same "no data in last 24 hours" shows in the iOS app, so I'm assuming this is an app/server issue.... but support still had me go through a rigmarole of installing an sp02 specific watch face, resetting device, removing the watch face, uninstalling/reinstalling the app... all to no joy.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi there, @Offbeatmammal.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your Sense 2 and Fitbit app. I'm sorry your SpO2 data isn't showing up and because you already have a case created, I've forwarded your posts so our Support team can look into this. I'm sure they'll continue helping with this matter, so please keep an open communication with them.

Best Answer

sadly support have been very unhelpful. as you can see from the image ... depsite there being data, it says "No data" ... don't think that's a me problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Offbeatmammal I have the same problem, although it works itself out over the course of the day.  When I first bring up my data in the morning, SpO2 is almost always missing from the metrics.  It seems to be part of the syncing problems my device has had from day one.  It used to be that rebooting the watch would help, but since mine is no longer capable of rebooting successfully, I just let it go and check back later.  One of many, many problems with Sense 2 that does not seem to have a solution.  

Best Answer

sadly support have stopped responding, despite me trying what they've suggested and sending a couple of follow-up screenshots to show the issue. I'm very disappointed in this and a number of other bugs/rough edges with both the device and the software.

Best Answer

ah, a response!

factory reset the device, to try and fix a problem that's appearing in the app.

At this point I'm wondering if the support people use the device/app, or if there are any people doing QA on the app... for some reason my EDA review is "frustrated"!

Best Answer

sadly there is no fix for this. it happens and no matter what you do to correct it, nothing works.

sp02 comes and goes. no rhyme no reason.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Offbeatmammal@sgbednar and @royalle.

@Offbeatmammal Thanks for getting back and sharing the steps suggested by our Support team. I understand how you're feeling and appreciate your feedback. We're constantly working to improve our devices and services, and feedback like yours is of big help. Please keep the communication with our team as that's the best way to receive more assistance.

@sgbednar and @royalle Thanks for joining this thread and every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry you're also having this experience. While the SpO2 data doesn't appear on the Health Metrics, could you confirm if it appears on your Sense 2? To check this, press the button to open a list of the apps installed on your watch, tap on Today app and see if you get a reading for oxygen saturation.

Best Answer

I *really* struggle to understand why bugs like this - that appear from reading this forum - have been around for a long time, continue to be a problem.

"Health Metrics" is a key part of the experience (and something that supports the Premium upsell) so having issues like this that would seem to be simple fixes is baffling.

My watch is also currently not showing Sleep results (though the app does) or weather (it helpfully suggests I enable bloothtooth and sync, but ... it's enabled and syncing everything else)

not having on-demand Sp02 is another strange omission in an otherwise very capable device

Best Answer

Hello Lizzy I am having the same issue, sometimes it has the data but some days it does not show. Please help thank you 

Best Answer

Spo2 doesn't appear in apps, but does show installed. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. Same result

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit often it will appear on the watch before it appears in the health metrics on the app...but not always.  Oddly, sometimes other things show up in the app before they show up on the watch (most notably, sleep data).  Sometimes scrolling through screens on the watch will rectify matters...but not always.  I used to go through all of the recommended steps for sync problems.  I would get temporary results...sometimes.  Sometimes not.  For a while just rebooting the watch would help, until my watch started freezing, running down the battery, and dying.  So I would be without my watch until it died completely and I could charge it and start over.  At this point, I don't even try any remedies.  I just limp along as best I can.  I am feeling very done with troubleshooting efforts.  

Best Answer

I have had a sense 2 coming from a garmin Fenix 6pro for 3 days now. I find it very interesting how UNRESPONSIVE this company is based upon logical and concise feedback from its customers. You post to a garmin forum about a problem and if corroborated by others it is almost immediately resolved via a firmware update. Seems odd that in this competitive world that fitbit just ignores almost everyone. The moderator of this forum seems to have the same canned response to every concern. Maybe they should take our concerns to heart to stay in business!!! 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and wecome to our new members.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand how you're feeling about not getting this data. This isn't the type of experience that we want you to have and comments like yours helps us to evaluate, as well as improve our services.

I understand some of you have tried some steps, but please try updating the Fitbit app, rebooting your phone, restarting your watch and syncing one more time. Wait around 2 hours and check if this SpO2 data appears on the health metrics tile.

@glick1 Just to clarify, the SpO2 app won't appear as an app on your watch; instead, it runs in the background to track your SpO2 data. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if this data appears on both your watch and the health hetrics tile?

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit I get that you're in a really tough place, but hopefully your management are paying attention, especially with the pretty negative press that's starting to come out even when you do announce something good (like bringing some more info outside the Premium wall).

These issues are really making me wonder if I should keep the Sense2 or return it and go for something outside the Fitbit/Google ecosystem. I do like the hardware, but the firmware and app issues are a sign of neglect and I can't help but think we're not going to see fixes (and if there's an agenda to push people to the Pixel watch... a <1 day battery life is an absolute non-starter for me)

Best Answer

Hi there, @Offbeatmammal.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about this situation, and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. Our team continues working on our devices and features, and feedback like yours helps us to evaluate and improve the experience with them.

In regards to the SpO2 data, I went ahead to check your details and I was told you'll receive an email with more information about your case. Please keep an eye on your inbox and an open communication with them.

Best Answer

I also have never seen sp02 data show in app in last 24hrs and recent but press on it and it's clearly there in history summary. Also it does show on watch however sleep data doesn't?

Best Answer

Like many others I'm facing the same issue. No SPO2 update in the last 5 days. Restarted the Fitbit, restarted my phone, but still the same outcome (or lack of outcome to be precise).

Best Answer
0 Votes

thanks Lizzy,

Sadly the response from support was "Let us explain our team is aware of this situation and they're working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible." which doesn't fill me with confidence - no concrete steps or timelines, no real sense (no pun intended) of the urgency or priority. Given that I was far from the first person to report this either dev/mgmt don't have a clue what's going on, they don't have the resources to fix it (which means nothing else will get fixed), or they've got my money and don't care (which should be a red flag for employees, and existing and potential customers)

Best Answer

woo hoo, solved the problems. 🤠

returned the Sense2 and cancelled Premium

interestingly the store didn't seem that surprised, and were happy to process the return, they even offered a 50% refund if I wanted to keep the device.

Best Answer