Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many sync issues and no replies

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why are there so many watch to phone sync issues being posted in numerous watch sub-forums and no responses from anyone at Fitbit that the dev team is aware and is working on a fix? These sync issues have been ongoing for weeks and posts by dozens of users (maybe more).

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @Scott337 

Our customer support team follows the Fitbit forums closely and tries to respond to most requests.   Which forums are you looking at?   

Gordon

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning Gordon, thank you for responding. I follow the Sense, Versa and Luxe forums more than any others; and all of those have numerous posts about sync issues. I did a quick search on just the Sense board this morning with the word sync and there are over 2000 results in the past few months alone. For me this started before the v4 Fitbit app, but the new v4 app had made the whole situation worse.  For most users that post the issue is not setting up the watch and initial Bluetooth sync, it is keeping the watch synced with the phone, they seem to disconnect often and then we have to go through a ton of troubleshooting steps to get them (watch & phone) back in sync again. I have multiple Bluetooth devices connected to my phone (Pixel 7 Pro) and have no issues whatsoever keeping other Bluetooth devices synced. My watch (Sense) will work fine for days and then randomly will not sync with my phone and then the 20 minutes of stopping apps, stopping Bluetooth, clearing cache, clearing data, restarting both devices, etc., etc. begins to get them back in sync again.Forum search.png

Best Answer

Hello Gordon. Any update on this? There have been dozens of new posts related to watch / phone sync issues in the past few days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Scott337 

I have move your post to the Sense 2 support forum.   This team will be able to assist you with device sync issues.

Best,

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Gordon! Does anyone else at Fitbit have any updates? Can anyone even acknowledge if the app development team is tracking these sync issues?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GordonFitbit  There have been dozens more sync related posts in the past few weeks and still no responses or help, across multiple watch communities. Is there someone, anyone, at Fitbit that can look into this and post something? At least an acknowledgement that the Fitbit team is aware of the problem? Thanks.

Best Answer

i am also facing sync issues from long time. Any timeline, when this can be fixed?

Best Answer

Just want to add that mine hasn't been able to sync for 9 days now. It doesn't show up in Bluetooth after reloading the app. I haven't given up yet. I'll keep trying all the tips and tricks out there.

Best Answer

@GordonFitbit I have same exact problem as Scott337. My Sense2 is synced and working. Then for unknown reasons, the Sense2 won't sync. 

Chris

Best Answer
Yep, I put mine on the charger even though it was at 90%. Then I swiped
down to sync and it did. Not sure what previous fix suggestion finally got
it to work sync again.
Best Answer

This issue still exists, is anyone working on this issue?

Best Answer

Based on the lack of responses by anyone from Fitbit to any of the 2000 sync issues posts, I am going to say No. No one is working on it.

Best Answer

I agree with you, nobody is working to fix the issue and my feeling is that they don't even want to. Google bought Fitbit to kill it. They will push Google watches only. My next watch will not be Fitbit, or Google. Too bad Apple battery sucks big time. I'm thinking some less known brand, maybe I will be pleasantly surprised.

Best Answer