Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopwatch loses GPS and stops

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I run trails and occasionally my watch will lose the signal, and instead of continuing timing, it turns off. Super frustrating! My Versa didn’t have this issue, anyone have an idea on fixing?

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I have also noticed this. The Versa does keep trying to get a GPS lock and will also use steps to estimate the distance. 

The Sense 2 and Versa 4 (they'd units do not use Fitbit OS) seem to quit recording the exercise. 

At best the only option I see is to edit the stop time. 

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue And what OS do they use?

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't remember what OS but it is not the Fitbit OS that is in the older trackers and why the web based developer won't work for programming. It might also be the cause for the subject of this thread. 

For me, knowing what the name of the OS really won't help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue not sure where you are getting your information but it's false:

Screenshot_20230407_173341_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

A few months ago I got it from fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same thing since the last app update. In order to record my walks I must keep the app open, if I close it it stops counting the distance. Frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Rich_Laue There is no doubt that Sense 2 / Versa 4 use a new version of Fitbit OS as otherwise Fitbit internal developers couldn't have ported some of the clockfaces in no time (even if they didn't properly them test leaving many bugs behind). Also I'm note sure what do you mean with "...why the web based developer won't work for programming".

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry to say I’m glad I’m not the only one🫤

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer