Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where (or how) to find a "UL-certified" charger in the UK?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm surprised to find no one has asked this. I've got a new Sense 2 and the quick start guide said to use a "UL-certified" USB port to charge it.

I've searched online and except for some chargers of dubious-looking quality from no-name brands, I can't find anything like this. I have loads of chargers, generally from Anker or that came with a device. None have the UL logo on them. The most common symbols are CE (Conformité Européene EU safety standard), a house (indoor use), two squares (double insulated), a crossed-out bin (device should be recycled) and V or VI in a circle (no idea).

Where (or how) do I find a "UL-certified" charger in the UK to use with my Fitbit, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

UL is a standard of safety in the US. You won't find it in the UK.

Best Answer

Hi @AndersH - almost any USB charger will work, the watch requires a regulated 5v supply and because the current necessary for a Sense 2 is in the order of 230 ma maximum, all supplies can provide that according to the usb spécifications.

A PC port is a good choice because you can get a notification of a device being present and signifies it is connected correctly.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes