Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Sense Update OS 5.3 (44.128.6.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

Update 11/7

We are continuing to roll out this firmware for the Fitbit Sense, and expect more users will see it as available. This is a progressive rollout, and all customers can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you don't see the option to update, don't worry - you'll have it soon!

Update 10/27

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Sense will be available soon!  Some of you may already have this update available - if you installed it, let us know what you think!

If you don’t see the update yet, that’s expected. Check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We expect everyone to receive the update in the coming weeks. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

Did you know that we gradually release our updates? We do this to make sure everything is working just right for you. Sometimes we find an issue and it might take a little longer than expected for everyone to get the update. While you might see suggestions on how to “force” an update, we ask that you don’t try any of these workarounds. Most of the time the update won’t be available and you can lose data or encounter other difficulties. The best way to get the update is to be patient and wait for the update banner to appear in the Fitbit app.  

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

You can find release notes here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

You can find step-by-step instructions for updating your Sense here

We recommend updating your Sense over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Sense to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into difficulty updating please review these troubleshooting tips

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
231 REPLIES 231

I recall installing an update yesterday, but I can't see which version I have. My Sense stopped syncing with my Iphone and Ipad yesterday at 11:16am. My Sense is tracking my steps on the watch, it's just not syncing. 😞 

Best Answer

@PiratesFan , to see which version you have, on your Sense go to Settings > About Sense > System Info. You should see there Version 44.128.6.12.

As for the other problems, if you don't get help here, try contacting Customer Support.

Best Answer

Would one of the bug fixes be correcting the inaccuracies of the HR? 

Best Answer

@t.parker , I know, but want to keep the issue in everyone's mind. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since this was announced, my Fitbit Sense keeps restarting on its own today. Several resets and pairing/unpairing the device have not solved the issue. I'm basically wearing an overpriced brick on my wrist at this point. Please help.

Best Answer

The update prior to this one messed up my battery. Reported the issue and went through all the usual steps, in the end they replaced the watch. This was delivered last week and exactly the same thing happened. It won't change properly either now, I've bought a new cable and used every possible plug I have. I just get the slow charging warning.

I have reported the issue again, and been told to wait for further update as they are aware of this issue. The update came the day before yesterday, it has made no difference. Still slow charging, still draining fast. Contacted fitbit again today, got told to wait for further update! I've had enough now, every fitbit watch I've had, has been replaced. Having gone through all usual steps of turning absolutely everything off on the phone, it is still draining fast and charging slow. I have now turned the watch off and put it in a draw. Complete waste of money, especially as I've only had it a few months.

Best Answer

@KateFitbit , You refer to  How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device? for more information on outdoor activity. I can't find any information beyond "Outdoor activity". Where to find kayaking, skiing etc?

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Will this update address the bad HR readings? 

Best Answer

Is the update rolling out to all, or phased? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Phased is what I read. No update yet for me.
Best Answer

There are no kayaking, skiing and so on, what @KateFitbit meant is to use Outdoor workout for all activities outdoor that are no specific

Best Answer
So in essence it’s just like using the general workout mode??
Best Answer

@Irish57 yes but with GPS. The mode has been first introduced on Charge 4 and I don't know why it took Fitbit this long to add it to other devices.

Best Answer

Does this update fix the wildly inaccurate floor counts? Or fix the inability to save a timer to use later? Or that the battery drains too quickly? Or the heart rate being read even while the Sense is charging off-arm? Or the issues with being unable to invite friends to challenges?

Best Answer
Well stated but I’m going to venture a “no”!
Best Answer

@Karidee  - unfortunately Fitbit don't state what is addressed in an update.

Try the SimpleTimer app, it remembers.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guitarplayer , basically Fitbit has copied the general term "Workout", and named it "Outdoor". Same, same and no different....

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually no, outdoor workout uses gps while the generic workouts does not.

Best Answer

In response to what I believe is the purpose of this forum and share how the upgrade went and if there were any issues.  I can say that I updated my sense this morning and it took around 5 minutes and as far as I can see it hasn’t broken anything that was previously working. I am hoping like we all are if fixes multiple issues but right now I just wanted to share that overall the update went smoothly. 

in the past this has not been the case for a lot of people and I hope Fitbit got it right this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just updated all went smoothly 

I wanted to test the new indicator symbols I couldn't do low battery as I was charging as I updated 

However I turned off my phone and hey presto a little phone with a line symbol popped up...I will find that really handy..especially when battery gets very low 

Best Answer