Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App doesn't tell how to improve exertion balance score

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My exertion balance score is consistently dropping each day whether I exercise or not...I noticed that steps and weekly exercise are used to calculate exertion balance..

It would be much more informative if Fitbit would let us know that our score is dropping, or rising, because we are either exercising too much, or too little, rather than just providing a number and having us guess what is causing the number to fluctuate...I haven't been able to figure out what is wrong so that I can correct the deficiency and raise my exertion balance score...

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Sense, Versa 2, Versa, Ionic, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Aria
Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Swdecord, good to see you in the community.

I completely agree with this and have been saying the same thing myself. Currently the score is pretty much useless without knowing exactly what needs to be done to improve it, like you say, am I doing too many or too little number of steps? Right now I have no idea.

All I can suggest for now is to create a feature suggestion on the feature suggestions board (here). With anly luck other users think the same and will vote for it, whether or not it will be implemented is up to Fitbit though. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I agree the exertion balance score on my versa 2 is confusing. I walk more it falls and sometimes I don't walk it falls. There seems to be no logic, therefore it is not helpful. 

Sikander Hamid Khan 

Best Answer

@Swdecord 

Also agree with you on this one. How do we improve exertion balance and heart responsiveness in the stress management scores? No insights are given. How do we know as individuals whether our exercise completed for the day contributes to an improved exertion balance score? Or, is rest/recovery time needed instead of exercising in order to improve exertion balance? 

One of the many reasons I opted out of renewing fitbit premium at this time is due to the lack of information. Same with the health metrics. How does someone improve Breathing rate? As for HRV, I know mine dips if I had a glass of red wine for dinner and gets better depending on the quality of sleep gathered upon walking up in the morning. SPO2, how do we improve this reading, through more exercise? 

Anyway, the caveat is, the Sense is not intended as a medical device...

Best Answer