Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you happy with your Sense?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I wanted Sense a long time but after so many negative reviews I have started to hesitate. So people who have Sense can you please answer some questions? 

* Do you have ECG app available? 

* Are you happy with your Sense?

* What would you like to change?

* Do you know other smart/health waches that would measure your ECG  and similar health data and would work with android? (Under 350€)

Thank you so much if you find to answer! 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Yes, only used it about three times and dont have any particular need for this function.

Yes, it has improved my health, it is however not perfect. If it has extended my lifespan with a few years i say the money spend is will worth it. My primary use is as a daily heath tracker, making me more aware of bad habits, I am had huge problems with stress over the last decade and first the inspire HR and now Sense has helped nudge me in the right direction. Basically a tell tale of bad sleeping habits and taking on more work than healthy, walking and exersising too little. It has now made me aware twice when i ran into another bad cycle of stress and made me stop up early and make some needed adjustments.

It can do exercise tracking, however it is more of a novelty as it doesnt have all the tools to back up the use of tracked exercises. Impossible to look at historic training sessions, data analytics are terrible, not possible to chose which graphs to overlay each other. It is great as health tracker, not so much sport tracker unless you dont care about past exercises and just want to share your last exercise on the web.

It does alright at tracking progress in fitness level, by looking at the RHR, wish it also logged its estimated fitness score and made it easier to compare running exercises.

Exercise tracking. More data analytic options, being able to look at past running exercises easily. Attaching bluetooth chest monitor, or other sensors. Attach it as sensor to i.e. a rowing machine or running belt. Basically expand its use for sports as I still pull out my old HRM watch on occasion. That would help increase motivation for exercising more. It is alright that it aggregate all exercises into active minutes, that is a nice feature by the way.

Allow one to make custom HR zones.

Being able to go further back than 30 days on the spo2, hrv and breathing rate graphs.

* Do you know other smart/health waches that would measure your ECG  and similar health data and would work with android? (Under 350€)

No. Thats what i like about the Sense, it is not locked in with either Android nor apple, dont know if this will change now that google bought Fitbit. I dont like apple watch nor samsung for this reason.

Best Answer

Thank you for such a good overview. I also would like to have this stress-related data but also ECG. If it would provide ECG in my country I would buy it right away.

I don't know what to do anymore. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I have ecg , 

im happy with my sense , 

its not perfect, I hope it wil become beter , the stress tracking in the app don’t work. 

Also I’m waiting of an update , for tracking heart ecg when sleeping , I hope there comes som like that . 
No , I don’t know other ecg under 350 .

GN
Best Answer

I am not at all happy with my sense.  It plain out won't connect to my phone with bluetooth.  It connected just fine during the initial setup, and was spotty for the first 2 days then it permanently disconnected on day 3.  I've done some research and there is an extensive thread on this site of people having the same problem.  The solutions offered there don't work at all, and even if they did, you'd have to shut down your device, shut down your phone, reboot, re-pair, and re set up your sense each time it decides to disconnect again.  It's a very pretty bracelet.  

Best Answer

Yes. Used it just once to see whether it works. For me, this is a redundant feature (personally, I don't need it).

Neither I'm happy, nor unhappy. I returned my Sense, my friend lent me her's (and she doesn't want it back). if Sense was my only sports watch (I need sports watch, not a smartwatch, so I may not be a target customer here) I would be probably unhappy.

I like the summary given by @Micsb. It pretty much described my view. I would like Sense (and other Fitbit devices) to become a more advanced sports watch with better analytics, external sensors support, etc. I use all those features pretty much daily and trying out Sense felt... well... like using a cheap toy (which in fact isn't cheap and additionally, doesn't even work as advertised). Since I've been using brands like Suunto, Polar, and Garmin I like to have more rather than less and if I don't want to use a feature then I don't but it's there if I need it. The thing is, I don't see those features coming to Fitbit anytime soon or maybe ever. It's a different market, different requirements.

* Do you know other smart/health watches that would measure your ECG  and similar health data and would work with android? (Under 350€)

Not sure. As I mentioned, I don't need the ECG feature so never did any research about it. I think Withings and Samsung support ECG but I may be wrong.

Best Answer

Hello And I will just say this ECG on sense with out paying for premium is just a novelty it just says your breathing is normal that it, nothing else no data what so ever. Sp02 is also a novelty to me as well the info i get is this 96% ok thanks for that load of info it seems extremely weak to me I get much more info from my 30 Dollar finger oxygen sensor I have. This feature cuts the promised 6-7 day batter life to two days doesn't seem like a huge perk to me but it is what it is.

Yes I do I find it pretty worthless & disappointing as i cannot view any data about it with out purchasing premium membership. They gave me 6 month free one with the watch I haven't activated that as it a nightmare to counsel the subscription from what I read from fellow users... this is a Ploy the Video game Business created pay a subscription fee and make it extremely hard and **ahem** near feel impossible to cancel it. It in the hope you just give up and keep paying the fee's. I find this practice abhorrent and unprofessional which leaves me feeling I made a bad choice buying a fitbit I would say I blame Google but maybe this practice was already in use before google bought this company. I really don't trust google as company bad practice bad morals bad ethics.

Honest answer is NO.
   I feel I was tricked and deceived by the advertisement and the company itself as when I bought it I was told I could sync it to my windows laptop and that turned out to be false I don't use cell phones so I have to borrow people cell phones to use this watch. Currently I don't even do that as i hear there is a battery draining issue going caused by the app itself on android & IoS phones most likely caused by the developers trying to fix the heart rate issue they having on this device Sense.
With fitbit now owned by Google a Multi Billion dollar company **ahem** near a Trillion dollar company they should have a several huge departments for fitbit as of Now Fitbit doesn't have a repair center nor do they even offer to sell you repair parts there answer is always buy a new watch.
 Secondly their division for developers and coders for this fitbit company seems to be really tiny as it takes months if not longer to fix an issue or they flat out never fix the issue I can only assume that means they do not have enough talent in these divisions to fix any issue in a reasonable amount of time.
 3rdly all the Bells and Whistles they promise this has rarely work as advertised. Let me explain ECG is basically a novelty gives you no real data just says your sinus breathing is normal where the data OH you want to see data pay us to see it? which in itself is false advertisement. There is a EDA scan but I can't figure out what the small amount of info it gives me even means really. Maybe I gotta pay for that info too? there is also the breathing app called Relax which I like because I like to slow down and calm mind my body and my soul so it a good one to adjust my breathing but the info it provides is none existent. I bought this watch not because of it smart features which only smart features I can think of on this watch is supposed to be voice assistant, Phone notifications ability to answer phone from watch & read emails I believe idk regardless I don't own a cell phone non of that matter to me BUT I did want this watch for it ability to monitor my sleep and give me data and graphs of that data of what going on while I sleep no where near the amount of info I wanted but I still look forward to it each day sept this past week as I refuse to open the app until they have this battery draining bug fixed. I was expecting a tougher watch also as it related to fitness and exercising it seems really delicate easy to break the bands holders seem cheap and ready to fail at any moment I have an old Relic watch that about 25 years old still works never broke i paid 30 bucks for why is a cheap watch more durable then this one you got me.

A more robust watch physically and internally I feel this watch should be able to take being run over by a car it should have solid band holders that the company itself will guarantee will not come off or your money back or watch replaced no question asked. A much more diverse library of exercises to use heck even ability to create new exercises through the developer page. I would like to see a app/button in the watch for emergency use like if a person was getting abducted/kidnapped they could press the app and the watch would start to authority with gps info enabled.

* Do you know other smart/health watches that would measure your ECG and similar health data and would work with android? (Under 350€)

I guess right now that would be.

Samsung Gallaxy watch Active 2

Samsung Gallaxy watch 3

Withings ScanWatch

Withings Move ECG

Amazfit Smartwatch 2

Best Answer

Sense = senseless.

Best Answer
0 Votes