Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic time zone never works

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ive owned many different fitbits over the last 5 years and am currently using the sense. Over that time fram the automatic time zone setting has never functioned flawlessly. Every time I go to a new time zone my fitbit doesnt update automatically. I open settings and check it, and the automatic time zone slider is off. First, I have to do all kinds of things to get it to update the time, setting it manually, sending a test notification, restarting my phone, and a new one I just had to try was updating my time zone on my online profile to get it to work. Then i move the slider to automatic time zone. When i return from vacation to a new time zone it doesnt update again and i check the settings and once again its off and i have to do all of that all over again. Ive set the slider on and checked back a few days later and its off again. This issue has persisted way too long! I dont understand why my fitbit has all these bells and whistles but cant keep the time straight, its ridiculous! I know its not me as ive checked all of my settings, ive worked with a customer service rep to try and solve it, ive had many different phones, and may different fitbits and all had this issue. Fitbit you need to fix this once and for all, im truely sick of it!!

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Everything you describe @dvoss is with the app settings on the phone. I don't know if it is limited to android, iOS, or with both, I've seen this brought up before. Users rarely post the phone type that is giving them issues. 

My setting seems to stay as set, but it has been 30 years since I crossed a timezone. 

The tracker will not know when crossing a timezone, this is a job for the fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes