Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band doesn't seem to stay secured to Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my watch band feels a little strange let me explain a bit top band is snug in it connection no play it nice and stiff the bottom band connection into the watch now has play is this normal I didn't really  notice any play before or is the mechanism of the watch connectors failing? could some folks chime in if this is normal?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject, updated label and formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
19 REPLIES 19

really no one?

Best Answer

Just took mine off my wrist to charge. No discernible difference between top or bottom bands.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Clove6060thank you for your input much appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is something wrong with the locking mechanism for the band. The band will not stay secured on one side and I’m afraid I am going to lose it. It has fallen off  two nights in a row while I am sleeping and too many times to count during the day. I have ordered a replacement band hoping that will remedy it but not sure because I never had any issue with the band being secured on my other Sense Fitbit. This is my 3rd Sense and am very discouraged. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Vmardre.

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback with us. I understand your point of view and apologize for the experience that you've had with the Sense. Every comment shared in the forums never goes unnoticed as it helps us to evaluate and improve our devices, please know yours won't be the exception.

While I'm glad you'll try with a replacement band, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team if the issue persists. That way they can investigate what may be happening and provide you with further assistance. You can click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer

My new band is secured.

Best Answer

Hi there, @Vmardre.

Thanks for getting back. I'm glad your new band is attached securely on your Sense and I hope you can keep crushing your goals. In case you have some spare time, I’d like to invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can find great tips and encouragement from other members. Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer

I have the same problem. On the top it stays secure, but the bottom of the watch does not lock the wristband in and it keeps falling out. I have tried 4 other bands that I have purchased, and same thing. This tells me it’s not the band, but the watch face locking mechanism that is causing this problem. This is my second sense and I am disappointed too. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Amy66.

Thanks for the details and efforts while working on this matter. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense. Every feedback shared in the forums helps us to improve our devices and services. Yours is truly appreciated and rest assured it won't go unnoticed.

I went ahead to check your details and it seems you already have a case created with our Support team. Your case is in good hands, so please keep an open communication with them to receive further assistance.

Best Answer

While putting mine back on after a shower, the bottom band came off.  I think you're correct about the locking mechanism.  Worried now.

Best Answer

Hi @charles_howard. Welcome on board.

Thanks for these details with me and I'm sorry about your experience with the Sense. Because the issue is with the locking mechanism on the band, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your options and bring you back on track. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone, I'm sure they'll help you with this.

Best Answer
  • same problem with my sense. band would disconnect often and ordered a variety of bands. I always felt it come undone or saw it fall. until I didn't... once out of bluetooth range or watch battery dies there is no way to track it even with premium account. it could be on side of road or on someone else's wrist. support can't do anything from locate or disable. surprised to learn lack of basic security feature. first (and most expensive) watch I have ever worn longer than a week. loved the watch. find myself looking at wrist for time to be reminded it is gone. so many cool features yet faulty band and lack of basic security software. past mad. just sad. 
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @forjakessake.

I'm sorry you've gone through this experience, and thanks for taking the time to get in touch with our Support team. We're constantly working to improve our devices and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know it won't go unnoticed.

If you haven't done so, try getting in touch with our Support team so they see what can be done to help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer

I noticed last few days locking mechanism for my top strap is not locking properly. Have 2 original fitbit straps and both got disconnected lately. It worries me I dont break it in case it falls off. I only just got this watch not even a month ago. 😫

Best Answer
I had to purchase a replacement band because I was afraid of losing my Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Mines the same, bought a new original strap same thing. Contacted Fitbit and told I can get a new strap, still really worried about losing my Sense.

Best Answer

Hi there, @nikolina.l and @Vmardre@Snoozey Welcome to the Community Forums.

@nikolina.l Thanks for letting me know about your Sense. I'm sorry you're going through this experience and my best advice is to get in touch with our Support team. That way they can evaluate your options and see what can be done to bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

@Vmardre and @Snoozey Thanks for sharing your experience with the Sense. While I'm glad you have a new band, I understand your concern and I'd recommend contacting our Support team if by any chance you noticed any damage on the band. That way you can receive further assistance.

Best Answer

I am not happy with the new Fitbit Band; I scratch my back and it falls off. I am sorry and not sure it answers your question, I guess I am just venting

Best Answer

I finally got sent a new face and no strap problems with the new one. Keep contacting customer service. 

Best Answer
0 Votes