Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breathing Rate in Health Metrics has no data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I received my Sense in mid October.  The breathing rate measurement showed data for the first few days but has shown NO DATA since October 19.  The other measurements in Health Metrics; HRV,Skin Temp, and RHR are and have been displayed for each night.  SPO2 is not ... I haven't downloaded the watch face.  

Since 3/4 of the measurements work properly.  Why am I getting NO DATA for breathing rate?.  Do I have a faulty sensor or damaged firmware.  I believe that I do breathe during the night.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@OldBob3301 

Just checking - but you are wearing your fitbit to sleep every night ?  and you are logging sleep at least 3 hours each night?  

If yes, please verify that your fitbit has logged a sleep session for at least three hours long on consecutive nights.  

And then restart the fitbit just in case something didn't load properly:

To restart press the button for 10 seconds till you see the fitbit logo or you can select shut down from the settings menu.  

Hope this helps!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@kawaiiko  Thanks for the suggestions.  Yes, I have over 7 hrs of sleep logged each night.  I have also restarted the sense device with no joy.  Am more than a little disappointed.  This is no longer an inexpensive device and this is not the only feature that doesn't seem to work.   The stress management feature also hasn't had a result since Oct 20.  I do about 1.5 hours of exercise daily, much of it at high cardio or above peak.  My RHR is steady in the mid 50s, and I do sleep every night.  On that, I rarely get a sleep score.  I'm currently in the free premium eval.  I will certainly not continue once I have to pay ..... too many things just don't work.  I do hope that others are having better luck.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem.  I wear my Sense day and night but the breathing rate data stopped appearing a week ago.  And like the original poster, I too believe I breathe at night.

Best Answer

Hi, I opened another post on the same subject, my BR never appears. Are you still experiencing this? Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I rarely get info about breathing .... the only data I get
consistently is HR. I get skin temp randomly and sp02 often. Mostly,
purchasing this watch was a waste of money. I do like the built-in gps,
which is pretty accurate. Would recommend the versa 3 which would give me
all of the data I actually get now for less $.

I will say that there was a short period of time where I did get breathing
rate. That period started and ended abruptly. It was good for about a
month. Am deeply disappointed in Fitbit - at least in the Fitbit Sense.

I believe that I am wearing the watch correctly since the HR measurements
are consistent. They also match up reasonably well with a Polar H-10 chest
strap. They always lag the Polar device, but steady state exertion HR
matches the Polar. The difference is starting and ending the exertion.
Then there is a lag in the fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I too only get maybe 2 out of 7 days a week with the BR value tracked. All the other Health Metrics are tracked as I get at least 6 hours of sleep each night and I wear my Sense every night.

I also remember the BR values being much better and consistent when I first got the Sense back in November 2020. It seems some update along the way broke it and the results have been terrible since. And since all the other Health Metrics are recorded properly, I don't think this is a hardware problem with the watch itself. I've been taking very good care of it and there's no scratches or any wear on it and I only clean it with warm water and a soft towel.

Here's my last week of results; 2 out of 7 days:

Screenshot_2021-07-24_Fitbit.jpg

Best Answer

It is now 2022 and I am having the same issues. Wear my new Versa 3 consistently. No sleep score, only simplified reading. No breathing rate, No O2 level, that dropped off last night. Wear the band tighter or slightly tight, 2-3 fingers above my wrist bone, sync, restart, everything. Nothing works. Will not continue premium unless they fix the firmware or software. Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I certainly understand.  I choose not to pay for premium for the same reason.  I'm a very long time member of the Fitbit community who is very disappointed in the inconsistant performance of some features of the Sense watch.  This is not an inexpensive device.  I'm also not going to purchase the Sense 2.  I purchased the Sense because I was so happy with the Versa 2 and all of my previous Fitbit devices starting with the orginal Fitbit.  Maybe I'll check out the Pixel watch, although I'm somewhat disappointed in my Pixel 6.

Best Answer
0 Votes