Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken Sense screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

owned my sense for 3 weeks after one waist high drop the screen broke, Fitbit would not even offer a discount. This is my second watch with them. Does any one know if there are an 3rd party screen replacement companies. You'd think fitbit would start using more durable screens since this is clearly an issue with multiple models of their watches... but I mean, we keep buying them even though they shatter like thin wine glasses.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
93 REPLIES 93

Mine fell off the band for the third time and cracked at the corner. The connecting mechanism is weak. I’d pay for a new face but repairs aren’t available? That seems incomprehensible.

Same here.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Before I put it on my wrist I said outloud, this is a poor design for
connection. It came off in my hands just looking at the new device.

Zero customer support.
Best Answer

my Fitbit lasted 6 hours before I put it on the counter and heard a pop. The screen was cracked. I did not buy my Fitbit from Amazon, but I did from Costco. Amazon will not let you review them if you did not buy them from it. Apparently they are having too many posts complaining about this issue. I did leave a review at Costco. But I feel like the Amazon reviews are the ones most people pay attention to. 

Best Answer

Sorry you got the fitbit issue.
Costco is A plus customer service.

I agree with you on Amazon but even their reviews are frequently completely
bogus .

Too bad about this.
I hope a competitor or two is payoff attention to this ripoff. The market
will be ripe for change.

The communication with the company was equally infuriating.

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
Costco returned mine. It was only 1 day after I bought it.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer

Yes.  They sent me 2 emails which I responded . 1. “ we noticed you have not used your Fitbit in a while and we miss you” - I replied with… that will be because you broke within 3 days of purchase and have no option for me to service it! So despite being a long term active user I decided it was time to walk away from this relationship 🙂

2. we have removed some unproductive posts.  Which is basically stuff that supports my experience that the band was faulty and the screen is weak for a fitness watch and the customer service is non existent 

Best Answer

That customer service individual just wasted a lot of your time. Service is everything 

Best Answer

Nope, I haven’t gotten another smartwatch. It’s an expense I cannot really justify now. So instead I just wear my very cracked Fitbit Sense, everywhere. It’s become a bit of a conversation talking point. Believe me, I tell everyone to just stay clear of the Sense. And to either wait until a better, more durable Fitbit smartwatch product comes out, or else to buy a different brand.

Best Answer

Hey sorry to hear about this.  I had both 2 apple watches damaged and one fitbit.  I now buy on all my smart watches a cover for thme.  since then its perfectly fine when i drop.  the worst that happens is the case gets a scratch.  its well worth it. 

Best Answer

Had mine fall due to the supplied band popping off at the base of the sense. Wondering if anyone else has been having issue with the bands popping off at the base.

I just used square trade with my sense for the claim and it was really easy and only a $35 deductible.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
If you did not buy your Fitbit since from Amazon they will not let you review it. But I did buy it from Costco and returned it the next day and they took it back. I also warned the Costco manager that the product was defective.

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​
Best Answer
0 Votes

I reviewed it on Costco where I bought it. After weeks of wasting time with
fitbit Costco took care of me. I went on social media for what it's
worth. I write on display cards in costco. Bad Review.
Here we are Google and Amazon own the planet

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer

thanks for the recommendation 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know if this helps, but I bought mine on Amazon so I called and they told me I should reach out to the manufacturer. I did and they told me what you are mentioning, so I called Amazon again and told them that when I bought the product it didn't say that you cannot repair it if something happens, that I believed that was unethical and blah, blah blah and got a refund from them. I still have a broken Fitbit tho, but I refuse to buy a new one because I didn't like it to start with. Went hiking with some friends and the distance recorded was off when compared to my friend's Garmin. Also, I tried measuring my heartrate and Fitbit was always wrong.

Best Answer
So far I'm looking at Samsung wearable next. My husband has one and I'm
doing ongoing comparison . So far I like it. Similar functions free that
are subscription only with fitbit.
Best Answer

I have a cracked screen on my sence , I am very careful didn't drop it or in anyway damage it , but again no customer service from fitbit support,  this is the second time I have had a cracked screen on 2 different fitbits this needs addressing,  not being ignored by this awful company by saying not covered,  so many screens are being reported as cracking and no support awful customer service 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry this happened to you. I can only say I'm leaving fitbit when this
sense no longer works. Going to try samsung galaxy. Fitbit support is worse
than unhelpful, it's infuriating! My battery started crashing after my
husband turned on GPS in some setting. I paid for pro, 2 reps can't tell
me how to turn off. One hung up, one said I would get an email, 2 days,
nothing. I tweet to fb support they say it can't be turned off. I tried
to file a claim as I bought insurance but the rep said I could not file
until after owning 1 year. Infuriating.
Best Answer

That’s pretty savage.

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi andielynn

Thanks for the reply,  like your will never ever by fitbit again , they know they gave a probity the screens and are not bothered awful awful company to deal with 

Sue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar disappointing situation. This is our 4th Fitbit product and definitely our last. I loved the watch until it slid off the arm of a chair and broke. No option to replace the glass or to swap with a refurbished. Not a durable product. Customer service offered 35% off a new watch. No thanks I already invested $300 and it’s now garbage. 

Best Answer