Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Fitbit design a smartwatch in a smaller size?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I like my Fitbits. I don't love them. I have a Charge 3 and the size is perfect for my wrist, but it is not in color, it doesn't have many apps that work with it, and it doesn't have an "always on" setting. I would love to have a watch that is an actual hybrid smart(ish) watch for dressy occasions, but I have resigned myself that is not going to happen in the near future in a size that actually looks nice. I just looked at all the information for the new Versa 3 and the Sense, and while the technology is very exciting, I groaned (quite loudly) when I saw how big they are. I am a small woman with a tiny wrist. I have a Versa (first edition) and it is still big on me, but I wear it anyway. The only saving grace is that it is very thin. The Versa versions are getting progressively bigger, much to my dismay. I would love to be able to have some of the technology without it taking up 1/4 of my arm. I have a smart watch, but I don't wear it because it is huge and heavy. Fitbit was the one company I could count on to actually take the female size into account. Unfortunately, it appears that unless I want to forgo any technological advances, I will have to wear a behemoth watch/tracker. Please Fitbit, don't be that company that ignores women like me and what we want. We have buying power and will not be overlooked. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @rjsquared, welcome to the community.

The trouble is, these fancy high tech features take up space and also battery power. So I imagine this dictates somewhat as to how small (or big) the device can be. We've seen that Fitbit has squeezed onboard GPS into the Charge 4, but the trade off is a 4 hour battery life when GPS is in use. Hopefully with time these components will become smaller and more battery efficient, so different form factors can be viable.

I'd recommend posting this request over on the feature suggestions board (here). This will allow Fitbit gauge how much interest there is in such a device. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @rjsquared, welcome to the community.

The trouble is, these fancy high tech features take up space and also battery power. So I imagine this dictates somewhat as to how small (or big) the device can be. We've seen that Fitbit has squeezed onboard GPS into the Charge 4, but the trade off is a 4 hour battery life when GPS is in use. Hopefully with time these components will become smaller and more battery efficient, so different form factors can be viable.

I'd recommend posting this request over on the feature suggestions board (here). This will allow Fitbit gauge how much interest there is in such a device. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer