Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Sense be used for active sports? Is there a band that doesn't fall off?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I loved my Sense.  It was a Christmas gift and replaced my aging Garmin.  I wear my watch 24/7.  I loved the Sense tracking of steps, heart rate, gps route and i liked the app presentation of data.   I knew the band was an issue as a couple months ago I knocked my watch off putting on a jacket.   This forum is full of complaints about bands releasing with light pressure.   Yesterday I dove into the water off a swim dock. not extreme sports.. When i climbed out, my watch was gone.  Is there a fitbit with a band that is reliable for active sports?  for me, having to take off my watch anytime i do activities is not an option.

I am super frustrated and disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

A number of the other posts recommended I contact customer support about this loss due to band failure.   Initially I thought customer support cared and was responsive.  They did offer me a "discount" on a replacement watch.  note I had a Sense...

and I quote " Offer Terms and Conditions:

• This offer applies to the price of the device only, not tax and shipping costs.If you wish to purchase more than one (1) device you must purchase any additional devices in a separate order.
  • This offer can only be applied towards one Fitbit device currently in stock.
  • This offer is not applicable to Fitbit Ace 2, Ace 3, Versa 4, Sense 2 and Inspire 3.
  • If you have a device and an accessory in your cart, the discount will be applied to the device only.
  • This offer cannot be combined with any other product discount offers and it cannot be transferred or resold.This offer cannot be returned, redeemed for cash, or applied as payment on any account except where required by law.The discount offer expires 30 days after receipt.
  • This offer cannot be applied toward any Fitbit products that are available for pre-order only.

when I visited the fitbit site, the Sense was not available. In fact the ONLY smart watch for sale that was not on the not included list was the Versa 2, which does not have GPS.   Not really a replacement for my running watch. 

I am not sure what is happening here, but maybe Google is killing the Fitbit line as they are bringing out a new Pixel watch...

I know I am not paying full price for a new model of a watch that has a known band issue and can not be worn during active sports.  

Best Answer
0 Votes