Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Skin Temperature Sensor be turned off?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have done everything I can to make the Sense battery last longer, I would like to turn off the skin temperature sensor. I already have a forehead thermometer that doesn't drain 12% of my battery at night is it possible to turn the stupid sensor off?

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

It may not be the skin temperature sensor.

Have you tried setting up a sleep schedule.

On the watch got to settings, quiet modes, sleep mode, schedule mode and enter your night time parameters.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you removed the SpO2 app, this is a huge drainer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Even when its not being used?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ I'll assume you are referring to the SpO2 app on the watch. If the app is on the watch, it will be monitoring the blood oxygen level throughout sleep. You will not be a le to disable the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't seem to be a way. Thanks for responses. I don't use the SpO2 clocks either though, noticed what a drain they were right away too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanaeB all I'm saying is that with the latest firmware, the clock face does not record the SpO2 anymore. 

The SpO2 app now does this and it doesn't matter what clock face you use. The SpO2 app now does the recording and uses as much battery as the clock face did. 

This app is going to use a lot more power than reading your skins temp. 

Best Answer

The SpO2 sensor is active during your sleep regardless the use of clockface. As @Rich_Laue suggested try to uninstall the app.

Best Answer

Following.  It is DEFinitely the skin temp monitoring that causes battery drain.  My Sense will drop between 20 and 30% charge nightly because of this function.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

@duncanjohnston are you sure that the hidden SpO2 app in uninstalled? The only place to check is in the fitbit app on the phone, look under Sense - Apps

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will give that a try, thanks Rich_Laue.  Problem is I would like my Sense to track my SpO2, but not my skin temp.  

Best Answer
0 Votes