Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Sense store music like the Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see where the sense can stream music from pandora but that requires a device with an internet connection, and if you are doing a run you really don't want to lug around your phone.  Does the Sense or Versa provide the ability to store music that I can then stream to my Bluetooth headphones?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Lasertop, it's always nice to see you around. @Heather-S and @Marrrmaduke, thanks for stopping by to help our members!

@Lasertop, thanks for showing your interest in our newest Fitbit devices and let me help you with your questions. Let me share that it's not possible to store your music playlists on the Sense like you did with your Ionic. However, as @Heather-S mentioned, you can store and play music using the Deezer app or Pandora app, or control your music using the Spotify app on your watch.

We'll continue working to enhance our products features. You can always add any ideas that you wish to see in the future in the Feature Suggestion board so our team can take them into consideration.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

@Lasertop I don't believe the Sense or Versa 3 will have music storage or offline music support at launch.  

Edit to add: If you have a Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium subscription you should be able to download a few playlists to the device.  I prefer Spotify for music listening, personally.  This Pandora help article might provide some insight as well.  I can't confirm how well the offline listening works, as I haven't tried it.

I run with my phone due to safety (am a petite woman), but I would love to see offline music support come to these devices for others.  Hopefully in the future it is implemented.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

That's too bad, one of the main reasons I bought my ionic was for the ability to do a run and listen to stored music.   I think the other features are nice but I mainly use the watch to track my exercise.  Without this ability, buying a new Sense watch for me at least would be a downgrade and not an upgrade.

Best Answer

@Lasertop you should be able to download your own mp4 and music files. You will not be able to download for offline use playlists for Spotify.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

@Marrrmaduke I'm pretty sure there isn't music storage support for the Versa 3 or Sense, just like the Versa 2.  They don't work with a PC, so how can you transfer the files?  Maybe I'm mistaken though...

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

@Heather-S let's ask around.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Hi @Lasertop, it's always nice to see you around. @Heather-S and @Marrrmaduke, thanks for stopping by to help our members!

@Lasertop, thanks for showing your interest in our newest Fitbit devices and let me help you with your questions. Let me share that it's not possible to store your music playlists on the Sense like you did with your Ionic. However, as @Heather-S mentioned, you can store and play music using the Deezer app or Pandora app, or control your music using the Spotify app on your watch.

We'll continue working to enhance our products features. You can always add any ideas that you wish to see in the future in the Feature Suggestion board so our team can take them into consideration.

Best Answer

Thank you for your honestly, while the Sense certainly has some interesting features I use my Fitbit primary for exercise and to enhance the experience.  Listening to music has become a large part of that.  So a watch that does not include that for me is a step-down and not up.  Now sure I could use a service like Deezer or Pandora but then I am paying $10 a month for something that I was doing for free.  So for now I will continue to use my Ionic until such a time as it either dies or another watch comes out with the same feature set.

Best Answer

Now wait a minute - 

versa 2 can store music to play through Bluetooth devices. This is not very easy to use (Have to use a laborious process through computer and app) but I have 6 or 7 albums with of material on mine. 
Will sense retain this or not??

Best Answer

Probably not, If I had to guess Fitbit has a sweetheart deal going with Pandora and Deezer.  They want you to buy that subscription.  And I get that, it's business.  I was unaware that you could download music onto the Versa 2, I thought it was a Ionic only feature, so maybe someone will find a way to hack the system and let you store files on the new watches.  After all, clearly there is storage available on the watch.  And should that happen, I will certainly consider trading in my Ionic for a new Versa 3 or Sense.

Best Answer

@JeffMindlin  no it won't be possible anymore.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh that’s so stupid. 
they put GPS in so you don’t need your phone when exercising but then no music. So you still need your phone for music (or podcasts) 

Best Answer

@JeffMindlin unless you have Deezer or Pandora...

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer
0 Votes

such a silly thing to overlook. They almost make the perfect smart watch. It only needs to hold an hour or two of music - not a lot of storage. 
I think this is a deal breaker for me. 

Best Answer

Yes me as well, in the future if they change the software to allow you to download your own music to the watch I will be the first in line to buy a new Sense.  But until that happens, I ain't touching it.

Best Answer

It's a deal breaker for me as well. Keeping my Ionic or moving over to the galaxy watch 3. Tired of manufacturers linking up with subscription based service companies only to help their pocket books this is where we truly find out a companies agendas. Sort of like politicans they say they are here to serve us but in reality they have a bigger business picture for themselves. Glad we have options. This may cause new to cancel my Sense preorder.

Best Answer

I can't believe this.

You have creates, on paper, the best smartwatch around... and you take music storage away.. That is soooooo stupid.

My husband uses music storage on his Ionic. I use music storage on my Versa.

I can't believe you just take away functionality just to make people buy new subscriptions to Pandora or Deezer.

Cancel my pre-order on Amazon until you reconsider music storage. I hope you can change you mind and added via firmware update... Otherwise leaving Fitibit community really soon...

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your thorough feedback about the Sense and its features. I understand how you're feeling about not being able to store your playlists. As others have mentioned, currently you can use the Deezer app or Pandora app to store and play your music, or you can use the Spotify app to control your music using on your watch. Please know that your comments will be passed along so our team as they're always striving to improve our products.

As a side note, let me recommend to support this idea by adding your votes and comments. The more votes an idea receives, the better chance it has of getting the attention of the developers.

Best Answer

Thanks LizzyFitbit for clarify.

To the users, please vote this idea so maybe they change their mind and allowing users to use their own playlists as you can do on Ionic, Versa and Versa 2.

Best Answer

What's stupid is how this is existing functionality on the Versa 2, and based on this forum it would appear they would be taking it away for the Versa 3 and Sense. For final confirmation however you'll probably want to try a demo device for yourself or wait for reviews as I'm skeptical they'd spend the time to take something away when the easiest path would be to leave it alone.

Best Answer