Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Sense store music like the Ionic?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I see where the sense can stream music from pandora but that requires a device with an internet connection, and if you are doing a run you really don't want to lug around your phone.  Does the Sense or Versa provide the ability to store music that I can then stream to my Bluetooth headphones?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

I was so inclined to buy the Fitbit Sense, but this offline music storage unavailability became the deal killer.
and I do not foresee fitbit making this feature available again, probably they got paid from music subscription services provider.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How's the garmin? I'm thinking of switching as well. Sense seems way too expensive for what is offered. If you include subscription its 329+240(3 year sub)

Best Answer
0 Votes

My first watch, Fitbit Sense!

Everything else is okay, but no personal music storage capability is not good for something like Sense!

Also, no other music service providers in India are included. Just Spotify seems more like selling point deal with them.

Be fair at least for the music part, it is essential for workout and personal time. I just want to not carry my phone everywhere.

Expensive fitness watch should that for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

After an upgrade from Versa 2 to Sense, I lost Spotify downloaded music. So, on to Deezer. I used Deezer briefly on the last watch. Now on the new Sense, I cannot activate it. Here is a screenshot of what happens when I enter the activation code. Is Deezer only working with a paid subscription? 

Screenshot_20201217-065531_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, you kind of have to get Deezer and pay the $10 a month and you can upload all your own music and put it on your watch and run without your phone, and miraculously all of a sudden all your Spotify stuff shows up too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice answer but I think you are missing something: both pandora and Spotify require paid subscriptions. And we are already paying 10 bucks a month. Seems sorta like bait and switch. And deezer!really!! So: the sense costs 280 plus 10 per month (because the good and useful features cost extra) and another 10 for a music sub. You've already got Alexa and Google why not go another step and get their music apps. I read extensively and these facts were not well described. I just got the sense and am seriously considering returning it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to download my music on my VERSA 2 however do not like that I can't do the same with the Sense.  I don't want a subscription with Pandora or Deezer and unless Spotify is free, won't be using that either.  Can listen to Pandora free if I listen to it on my phone.  Which is what I do now that I can't listen to my music on the Sense.  I am hoping they will make that an option on the Sense.  Definitely a downgrade from the Versa 2 for me..

Best Answer

I just "upgraded" from the Ionic to the Sense, and am already regretting that choice!  The Pandora app that I was used to using on my Ionic is "not supported" on my Sense!?  Add to that, I can't store my own music on the Sense like I could on my Ionic.  The Ionic was the best smartwatch/fitness tracker combo I have used (out of Galaxy Watch S3, Microsoft Band 1 & 2, the gambit of Fitbit devices, and a short flirtation with a Garmin). I went through 2 Ionics in 5 years and loved it!  Now my Ionic is on its last legs as the battery is fading and I have an annoying streak of bad pixels expanding across the bottom of the screen.  I got the Sense thinking that it was a replacement for the Ionic.  I am going to keep trying to explore the options on it, but it is starting to look like a switch to the newer Galaxy watches may be in my future (I was sticking with Fitbit a little out of brand loyalty, but mostly for the accurate tracking and the music storage features!).  And yes, I have had the Pandora Premium since they first started offering it, and have found that it worked great with the Ionic. I only used my own music on my watch when I was looking for a specific groove for my workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sense ONLY Streams music AND you must get a PREMIUM service to get Music....NO STORAGE and misleading video on their website

Best Answer
0 Votes
Are you saying that you experienced the corrosion on the sense as well? And had charging issues?Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8+.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzy, you say that Pandora is an option with the Sense, and yet every time I try and download the Pandora app, it says the app isn't available in my area.  How can this be, when I have had no issues "in my area" using Pandora in conjunction with my Ionic? I don't mind losing my downloaded music, as I rarely used that feature.  I rarely used it because I had Offline Pandora on my watch.  If I use the brand new Sense I just bought, I have to cart my giant phone around on my runs now, which defeats the entire reason I had a fitness watch. It is, as most are saying here, very frustrating as well as misleading.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey where do I leave a ZERO star review for the new Fitbit Sense? Taking away the ability to store music is an incredibly dumb decision, if you care about Fitbit users (which you clearly don't). What an absurd thing to ask of users (like me, who have had a Versa/Versa 2) to start paying 10 dollars a month to upload music through Deezer. I hope Fitbit loses an intense amount of money on this. As soon as I am done typing this message I am returning my Fitbit Sense and buying an Apple Watch series 6 for $100 more. Fun math: that will pay for itself in 10 months compared to me paying for Deezer. How stupid Fitbit, how stupid. Good riddance. 

Best Answer

You cannot use Pandora everywhere in the USA yet (and there is no answer as it to when we can expect to have it everywhere like we did with the Ionic). I spent some time “talking” to Fitbit Support, and they did say that North Carolina did not have Pandora support or even the SPO2 support!  Really!?  I am absolutely baffled by the huge leap backwards Fitbit just took between the Ionic and the Sense!  How can you support Pandora in one area on one watch but not the new one?  

Anyway, I am giving Fitbit one last try... if I can’t get any music (and no, I refuse to subscribe to yet another music service, so Deezer ain’t happening) but the end of this month, I am returning the Sense and buying a Garmin.  I am getting to the point where I will not be sad to leave Fitbit behind with the lack of support and services...

Sense/Ionic/Charge3; Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree.  Likewise.  I wanted an alternative to the Apple Watch that has this feature.  I don't want to use paid subscriptions to listen to music.  Hopefully Fitbit will change this soon.

Best Answer

I feel I should update my previous posts here.  As of last night, I can now use Pandora on my Sense.  It only took two months to get it done right!  Anyway, I had given up and reprogrammed the Sense for my 83 year old mother in law to use as I went back to my Ionic for a month or so... Well, grandma didn't care for it as much as her old Casio, so after a month she gave it back to me.  I had been bouncing correspondence back and forth via Twitter with Fitbit Support, and they asked to screenshot the message I kept getting.  I once again programmed the Sense back to my own phone/account, and viola!  No more issues... Somewhere in that month to a month and a half, Pandora became available in my area (again, I think this was B.S., as my Ionic never told me Pandora wasn't available in my area, and I haven't changed areas!).

I have yet to get out and hit the road to test it with my Flyers because the weather has been so miserable, but I am guessing that it will be just as simple as when using Pandora on the Ionic.  For everyone's info, I do have a Pandora Plus account, use a Galaxy Note 10+, and now use the Sense. I mix my buds up between Galaxy Buds and the Fitbit Flyers, depending on the type of workout I am doing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
So i am clear, you are paying for pandora ?Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8+.
Best Answer

Tweetys, yes. I pay about $8.00 a month, but I have been a Pandora subscriber for over ten years and listen to it at work, in the car, working out, and everywhere in between.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe fitbit will let us use Google music for free -- not the best app, but free.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am just throwing this out in the wind. If the next round of devices does not have this feature FitBit as a whole is going to loose customers... This is a function I have been asking for since the Charge HR..... Other manufacturers offer this, and agree that carrying a phone while running is not optimal or comfortable no matter what strap, pouch or apparel are being used.

I want to clarify. The storing of music through download from PC, phone etc on a hard drive, not from a program, or cloud or anything that requires a signal. 

No brainer here

Best Answer

I finally solved the Fitbit Sense music problem(s). I cancelled my Pandora Premium music account - got awfully tired of attempting to download "collections" and got sick and tired of being limited to only the top 3 "listened to" collections. And of course I could never could quite find any listenable options in the Pandora "Workout Collections". AND it was terribly annoying not to be able to control the music from my Galaxy earbuds! So,...................I bought a very inexpensive, very compact MP3 player with blue tooth capabilities and downloaded 16 - 32 MBS of my own music! Now I can even control the music with my Galaxy ear buds!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes