Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard isn’t showing distance goal achieved

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit sense was initially set to miles instead of km (I’m in Canada) so I switched the units of measurement to Km. Now my distance goal is set to 5km, but even after walking over 7kn every day this week, my goal completion bar never shows as “full”. Even after synching, restarting my phone, the app the watch.  Can someone help with this?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@hvaug297 I believe it's a bug. If your goal is set to 5 km it still thinks it's 5 miles. That's why the ring doesn't close. Try reducing the goal or walking 8 km to see if it closes.

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

In the Fitbit app click on the exercise tile, the gear, and check the goals are correctly set.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@hvaug297 I believe it's a bug. If your goal is set to 5 km it still thinks it's 5 miles. That's why the ring doesn't close. Try reducing the goal or walking 8 km to see if it closes.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

Probably changing it to any value and then changing it back may work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ well no. If it's a bug, then it has to be over 8 km as this is 5 miles.

Marrrmaduke | Canada

Best Answer

@MarrrmadukeIs the bug it has to be >= 5 miles or 8 kms ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Marrrmaduke is correct. It's a bug and unfortunately it's been around for some time. As Marrrmaduke mentions it's to do with the conversion. Even though you have miles set the app still sees it as KM and then does the conversion from KM to Miles, even though no conversion should be required.

The problem is if you try playing about with it to fix the ring, it then breaks somewhere else. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Ok after further inspection it’s definitely a bug. It is tracking in miles rather than km, even though I set it to km manually and it shows in km on the dashboard...super frustrating. Hope it gets fixed soon

Best Answer

I have the same issue. I've found best work around for now is to set correct goal on website dashboard and your results will show correctly on your watch.

You have to just ignore the goal setting in the mobile app. If you set goal on mobile app, both website dashboard and reporting on the watch will be incorrect. Very frustrating, but it works for now.

Hopefully fitbit team can address this soon!

Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue as well.  And I know I have met my daily goal, its just annoying that it hasn't been fixed yet.  Its a simple coding change!

Best Answer

Unfortunately didn't work...🤷‍:female_sign:🤷🏻‍:male_sign:🤷‍:female_sign:🤔🤔🤔🙌🙌🙌

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahhhh...You so right! It is still not fixed !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for sharing and how is the weather over there today?I must confess you share a lot of interesting pages and I love it Unfortunately,I tried sending you a friend request but It's not going through...Kindly click on my profile and add me up if you don't mind. Thanks

Best Answer

Good workaround. But Hello, Fitbit! Can't you fix this bug? It's in the app. I have seen the same bug in the app on various watches. I have a Versa 4, and get the same bug. NASA fixed it, and they are a government bureaucracy. I expect more from Google. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. Even after I exceed the daily target of 5km, the circle doesn’t close. If I click on the tile, it shows the bar is over the target line and there is a goal completed star so it is saying I’ve met the goal but the circle doesn’t. 
Google please fix this frustrating bug!!

Best Answer
0 Votes