Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deformation of the metal rim around Sense screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use Sense for a few days and is it normal? If not, is it a warranty case? And won’t it deform even more later?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The manufacturer approved the defect act. Authorization to make changes in accordance with the procedure:

20210305_144853.jpg

#Problem #Solved.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

20210228_004952.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Best Answer

Thats the button - with the screen off, try pressing it, it should wake the screen, try this method

Worn on the left arm -

rest your other thumb on the arm to the left of the watch

and forefinger on the back of the hand

and do a gentle squeeze of the watch

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

@Guy_that's the other side of the Sense, not the side the "button" is on. @R.M I checked mine out and don't see a problem with the rim. Personally, I would contact Fitbit and see what they say. If they think that it won't impact the Sense, I'd get a full cover to protect it, just in case.

Best Answer

@slbert,

I have two Sense for a few days, one normal and the other this deformation. I don’t know if it’s safe to use it in the future because that place is quite sharp and can rest on the skin damaging the skin when making push-ups.

I thought you could get an official response from the Fitbit team on this Fitbit forum too and maybe there are more people who have noticed the deformation of the Sense metal.

Hm, why this Fitbit forum if Fitbit doesn't provide an answer here?!

If Fitbit Sense were popular in Russia, it would be Russian [url=https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?Showtopic=1009115]Fitbit Sense[/url] in a popular forum asked where people don't consider useful information like Flood . It writes here that it limits messages and you have to wait 3600 seconds before you can write a reply - nonsense. I live in the EU(European Union), where electronic devices are guaranteed for 2 years. And after the purchase you can return the electronics within 14 days, but I still want to know the positivity of the Fitbit team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@R.M Although you get Fitbit Moderators posting in the community, their customer support teams do not monitor these pages. You'll need to contact them via contact.fitbit.com 

Best Answer

@R.MSince you've only had the deformed Sense for a few days, it might be best to return it, rather than wait for a reply from Fitbit's customer service. Especially if the edge is sharp - I'd be concerned about catching it on something and having it detach from the Sense. I've contacted Fitbit customer service on Twitter before and found them to be fairly quick.The moderators here are also very good in responding to threads here, so I'm sure one of them will pop in.

I also live in the EU and am very glad for the two year warranty, which is more than some countries have.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's nice to see you around the forums. @Guy_, @SteveH and @slbert, thanks for stopping by to help our member.

@R.M, thanks for bringing this to our attention as well for the pictures attached. I understand your concern about having that deformation on one of your watches and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. I've contacted our Support team on your behalf and it seems you already have a case created with them. I was told that your case is under review and they'll continue helping you via email. Due to the current events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply however, be sure that your case is on good hands.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This seems to be a problem that I have had as well. The metal rim was not flush with the glass display on my first one (bad enough for dust to get in), so I contacted customer service and received a replacement after a long back and forth. My new one isn't perfect, but it is better than the first. Doesn't hurt to contact Fitbit, but just know that your replacement might have the same issue. 

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your story.

I think I understand what you are talking about and how I see I am not alone in facing such a problem:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense/Gap-between-display-and-edge/m-p/4514614#M3104

I acquired Sense for myself and my fiancée at the same time. Black Sense has this problem and white Sense doesn't. Ot devil. If don’t change to a new one, I’ll go again and provide these links to where people have encountered the same problems. I know it's not my fault. For this purpose, I created a post so that people would not be afraid to apply until they received a quality product for which they paid, and if for some Fitbit Sense this problem occurred, it is already a factory defect.

Best Answer

The manufacturer approved the defect act. Authorization to make changes in accordance with the procedure:

20210305_144853.jpg

#Problem #Solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re right that you can get the same or worse, because a week later I got a new black Fitbit Sense today, but unfortunately the same problem:

20210309_135157.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today and again I added Fitbit Sense to warranty service with a request to replace it with a new one. It’s not my problem that I didn’t get a product without the factory defect. I agree to pay for a quality product.

20210310_145219.jpg

Best Answer