Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Sense 3 have to be near phone to keep time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I noticed my phone time was different to the real time and after searching on here i have read that the Sense has to sync with phone to update time.

My question is does my phone have to be in sync range all the time for the TIME to show correct. Meaning its not a stand alone time telling device.?

TIA

Aaron

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Jobocody  our devices are set to auto sync when we're within range of our phones, but you should be fine. As long as you sync at least once a day, the time should stay correct. I have a friend who prefers not to sync daily and they find the time is often off until they sync a day or two later. You could just sync in the morning and then at night, so that should keep the day and time correct for you.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jobocody  - as @Odyssey13  says your phone is needed to set the time.

However I sync my watch about every 10 days and it stays within about 6 seconds of actual time.

A good digital watch should stay within 10 seconds a month so it's up to the quality of the individual watch and it's environment.

A watch that wanders minutes per day is clearly faulty because it's primary function by definition is to show correct time.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes