Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Sense have automatic sync?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does the Sense device have automatic sync? I have had to manually sync since I got the new device. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @disbennd.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Sense. Thank you for the information provided.

Data automatically syncs to the Fitbit app throughout the day. Each time you open the Fitbit app, your device should sync automatically when it's nearby. If this is not the case, for instructions on how to resolve syncing issues, please visit this article.

In addition, you can set up your Watch as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab EdsonFitbit_0-1651718783339.png, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

This is not what automatic sync is. Open the app each time takes away the "automatic" component away. 
The app should sync in background every 30 minutes or so. 

I'll help explain why this is needed. I have my watch face utilizing weather app's info. Now I can't see the weather on my watch face or in the weather app and it says sync to see the weather information. 

If I have to pick up my phone, open the app, sync it... just to see the weather info on my watch.. I might as well remove it and watch weather on an app on my phone.

Best Answer

I think Fitbit missed the point of auto sync.. opening an app- not automatic

having to pull down on screen for it to sync - not automatic

having to log your own exercise - not automatic 

having to log missed sleep hours - not automatic 

loses connection to my phone ALOT- not automatic 

Can’t use weather app even when I have opened the app and synced my sense to the phone. Tells me to open the app again - not automatic

people have trouble hearing me when call answered on my Fitbit. - not automatic b/c I have to pull out my phone or go next to it and transfer to the phone call on my phone. 

all of these features should negate having a phone app otherwise why buy the device? Just use the app on the phone… 

clearly I have the same problem and it’s much more of an annoyance at this point and have continued to do the open the app and sync.

I have had 2 replacements now and they all do the same thing. 

suggestion ad a sync to my phone button on the watch it’s self or have a feature like the pull down sync but on the watch 

Best Answer

I agree. I have to get my phone, open up the fitbit app, go to the page for syncing, wait for it to sync, and finally look at my watch. SERIOUSLY??? Since I have to get my phone in the first place, it's easier to open my weather app and get greater detail immediately. Wake up Fitbit. If I look at my watch, I want to see the current weather (at least with in reasonable time frame.) Not last night's or especially yesterday's weather!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @fbvivek @Rhunter7617 @PhoenixAsh - generally if the setup is correct the watch and app sync automatically if the phone is nearby, but it does require the phone location and Bluetooth is on and the app and associated services are allowed to run in background.

If your phone has some sort of battery optimization which stops essential things running it will only sync when you do it manually.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bluetooth is always on, no battery optimization is on until battery is almost dead which it isn’t b/c I barely use it. Background app refresh is always on for Fitbit. And it still does it. Las tonight while at bingo the phone was right next to the watch, phone on vibrate and phone was vibrating but watch was not … saying once again not synced. 
It is just not reliable and missing calls when I can’t see my phone is silly when that’s what the point of having the watch was for as well. I have entered the code again on my watch and it still wants me to open the app to sync my Fitbit to the app. 🤷🏼‍:female_sign:

Best Answer