Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG App availability in the rest of Europe

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! 

I am very interested in the time frame when will Fitbit Sense's ECG app be available in all EU countries? As EU countries have similar regulations and Fitbit Sense's ECG app already has CE-marking it is a bit confusing why only some EU countries have this function/app?

In Estonia (where I really would like to see thia function available), Ministry of Health said that if the product has CE-marking and is already on the market on some other EU country then it is only for manufacturer's (Fitbit) paper work to do and add it on our Medical device database (where you also can already find Samsung health monitoring app). So is Fitbit just discriminating some countries?  I really hope not because I believe it is a good watch and I would like purchase it but it doesn't seem fair because of the cost and I also need Premium to use it. I am ready to pay all ghis but if I can't get the whole experience then it seems more than dissapointing. 

Also, is there any other function more than ECG that are not working without ECG app or others will work?

So I really hope that Fitbit is also working on their behalf to offer your customers whole experience and we can see ECG app available in Estonia, soon. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi @UserJ. Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for your interest in the Fitbit Sense, as well for your research about its features. As you may know, the ECG app is available in certain countries that are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations related to our medical products. I understand how much you'd like to take advantage of this app in Estonia and our team is working hard to bring it to all our Fitbit users across the world. Rest assured your feedback won't go unnoticed. Please keep an eye to this link for future updates about the availability of this feature.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! 

Was about to post about this and came across this question.

I am from Malta, also in the EU. Does this also apply to my location? I cannot add the ECG app to my Fitbit sense but I read that it has been given regulatory clearance in the EU. However, Malta was not listed as one of the countries where it was made available. Will it ever be? This is one of the main features of the Fitbit Sense after all and one of the reasons why I purchased it. 

Many thanks! 

Best Answer

I hope it will change soon but I'm a bit doubtful because all I have ever got from Fitbit moderators are the same very general and non-specific answers about how they are working on it to be available everywhere but nothing about what they are doing, why it's not available, when it could be etc. 

However, I still bought Fitbit Sense and I am happy with it so far even though ECG is not available. Nevertheless, I find it quite unfair that some of the countries even in EU (although we have the same regulations) are not able the get all the features and at the same all the prices are same or even higher. 

PS! I have been in Malta and it is amazing place and I really hope to visit it again! I hope you are doing well in these crazy times! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I completely agree, it is very unfair. I got the Sense as I liked its stress management features. I really do hope they eventually release it to the rest of Europe but like you, at this point, don't have high hopes! The posts I saw are all from a few months back and there has been no update since! I tried changing the location as someone suggested, it lets you get the app but won't let you use it as it checks location again once you try to use it. It really makes no sense to me, if it has been given regulatory clearance by the EU, I don't see why it should not be made available to all EU countries. 

That's great! Hope you do get to visit again then, once all this craziness is behind us! Never visited Estonia myself but it looks like a beautiful place! Might just have to add it to my bucket list!! 🙂  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AngieMC86. Welcome on board. @UserJ It's good to see you around.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and interest in the ECG App. I understand this feature was one of the reasons why you got the Sense and I'm sorry for this inconvenience. While we don't have further details about the approval in European countries, our team will keep working to have it available for you. Rest assured your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed as it's a big part of this process. For future updates about the ECG app availability, see this link.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any news when ECG app will be available in rest of european countires, like Slovenia?

Best Answer

@Kunio Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for joining this thread. Currently we don't have further details about the availability of the ECG App in European countries such as Slovenia; however, our team continues working to bring this feature to all our Fitbit users across the world. Your feedback is truly appreciated and won't be taken for granted. For future updates about the ECG app availability, see this link.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also in Finland waiting for the ECG feature. Finland is an EU country, and the Fitbit Sense ECG feature has gotten the CE approval, thus I don't understand why it is not rolled out to all EU countries. In this and other posts it is suggested to contact the approval authority in the respective country/countries. Which body would that be for Finland?

Best Answer

In Estonia it is the Ministry of Health (Institute of health and welfare in Finland I suppose) and I wrote them but they said that it is up to the company to make applications and apply to let this function to be available in this country because we are part of Europe Union and if some other country from Europe Union has already on the market this function then there can't be any restrictions for us neither. However, Fitbit always says the same thing: they don't know, they are working on this etc.

Best Answer

Exactly, and that's why I have a hard time believing that the process is stuck with a local authority, as Fitbit likes to point out.

Best Answer

Hello, 

This blog states that ECG is approved in EU. Can you now enable this in EU member countries?
Fitbit gains US, Europe clearance ECG app to identify AFib (blog.google)

Best Answer