Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECG is not sensing my fingers-Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi!

The other day, I noticed that the ECG app no longer sense my finger tips.

When I place the finger tips in the two corners, it starts to count down for about 2 seconds and then return back and ask me to place my finger tips.

I have tried to restart Sense, but the problem remains.

Anyone having the same problem?

Any one having a solution?

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Ramgni.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Sense. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

The countdown timer can restart during a Fitbit ECG reading if you remove your fingers from your Sense or move too much during the ECG reading. If this is not your case, please try cleaning your Fitbit device's frame with a dry cloth. Then, take a new ECG reading by following the instructions in this article in the menu "How do I use the Fitbit ECG app?".

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately it didn't help. But I found out that the EDA scanning, which also use the same metal bands on the watch, doesn't work either.

So, obviously, something has happened with that sensing.

It obviously sense my fingertips initially because my fingertips triggers the 1-2 sec initial countdown before failing.

But after that, nothing happens.

And with the EDA scanning, it says I shall cover the watch with my hand, and after a short while it vibrates and inform "Something went wrong" and that I need to touch the metal frame - which I did the whole time.

I have tried to smoothen my hands, to clean the watch and so forth. No change of behaviour.

I have run these apps quite often so I'm pretty sure the problem is not how I do.

Best Answer

Thank you for your response, @Ramgni.

I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues with EeG not picking up my finger tips and when I do the hand scan it didn’t work either. 
did you get yours fixed and if so what do you do? 
Thanks. 
Martie 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got in contact with Customer support who guided me through some tests which didn't fix it. So they replaced the hardware (within warranty).

BR / Ramgni

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Martie2021.

Thank you for the information provided.

If you haven't done so, please check if there is any pending update for the ECG app or for the EDA scan app. For instructions, please visit this article and open the menu "How do I manage apps on my Fitbit watch?" > "How do I update apps on my Fitbit watch?".

In addition, you can restart your Watch by following these steps.

@Ramgni Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that your Watch was replaced.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer