Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise app crash on Sense

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The exercise app on my Fitbit is no longer working.  Everytime I attempt to open the app, it closes me back out.  I've attempted to clear storage and cashe.   I also completed a factory refresh but none of these actions corrected the problem.  Does anyone have any idea how to correct this problem.  I am really getting frustrated with Fitbit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome, @Beastmodejd. It's nice to see a new face around.

I understand how frustrating this can be and thanks for every step tried to get your Sense working correctly. Just to confirm, do you recall when this started to happen? Are both your watch and the Fitbit app updated? In the meantime, I'd recommend restarting your watch to refresh its performance, open the Fitbit app, pull down on the screen to force a manual sync and try using the Exercise App one more time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lizzy,

I've already explored all of your suggestions to no avail.  I had to send my fitbit back last week and awaiting its' return.  Thanks for responding to my message.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Beastmodejd. I'm glad to see you again.

You're welcome! Thanks to you for keeping me posted and I'm glad you're receiving assistance with your Sense. Please keep an open communication with our Support team so they can provide you with more details about this process and bring you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy, I also just experienced the same issue. I update the software on my watch a few days ago and everything went well. However, since yesterday my watch just crashed and on my phone it asked to update software again. I unpaired my watch and removed all other Fitbit watches as recommended on internet, but now I can't even pair with my watch. Even when force rebooting my watch, the software crashes after the logo appears. 

Best Answer

@doglamally Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense, and for your efforts while working on this matter prior to posting. I'm sorry this is happening to you and just to confirm, do you see an error message on the Fitbit app when trying the set up process? Even though you've tried some steps, please give a try to the following in the given order:

1. Forget your Sense from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other Bluetooth connections nearby.
  3. Check if the Fitbit app is updated.
  4. Force quit the Fitbit app and reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  6. Select your Sense, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
Best Answer

Hi Lizzy, thanks for all the instructions, but it's not possible to even try these out since my sense Fitbit keeps on restarting and crashing. Before the software update I didn't have any issues. I demand a refund or a new Fitbit please.

Best Answer

Hi @doglamally. It's good to see you again.

You're welcome, and thanks to you for taking the time to review the steps suggested above. I'm sorry you're having this experience with your Sense and because the issue persists, let me recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and help you out with this matter. Please click here to get connected with them via chat. For any warranty-related inquiry, check our warranty policies here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

When I use the watch to select an exercise and tap the icon to start, the only thing I see happening is that the spinner goes around the exercise icon (I've tried running with GPS and yoga without GPS), and then the watch kicks me out from the exercise mode. The last time I was able to track exercise through Sense was July 31st.

Is anyone else having problems using the exercise app in Sense watch? Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks!

Best Answer

@Ninjanen Welcome on board.

I've moved your post to this other thread so you can receive more related responses about this situation. Thanks for the detailed information and I'm sorry the exercise app keeps crashing on your Sense. Because your post didn't mention, may I know if you've tried restarting your watch? If you have, I'd recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your options and provide you with further details. You can get connected with them via chat or phone by clicking here.

Have a good day.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Sense also crashes the exercise tile immediately after I tap on it. I've flushed the app data and cache on my Android phone; no luck. I tried forgetting the device, factory reset, and re-pair the app with my Sense; nothing works. The exercise tile always crashes immediately.

Best Answer

Hi there, @FiZ1point5.

Thanks for letting me know about your Sense, and the steps tried prior to posting. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and because the issue persists, I'd recommend contacting our Support team so they can evaluate your options. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes