Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find my phone doesn't work if sense hasn't recently synced, but can only sync from phone!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I love the find-my-phone feature on the Fitbit Sense, but it only works if the Fitbit has recently synced. BUT you can only sync from your phone, so you have to find your phone before using the find-my-phone feature which makes it pretty worthless. Is there a way to sync from the device? Garmin has this feature on the Vivoactive, and it's something I used quite often. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Suzmet - it would seem you have a syncing issue with the phone, normally if your phone is in range the watch should automatically connect.

Use the SimpleCheckUp App to verify the connecting issue. It tells you when the watch last  synced and also if the phone is connectable and does the find phone, so you can check before finding the phone.

One reason for the non connecting is the Fitbit App is not running in background. This can happen if the phone closes it to save battery or you shut it down manually.

So check that Bluetooth and the Fitbit App are not closed by the phone for battery saving.

Also check Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

Hope this helps.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I have to agree, if the phone is nearby, even if not currently connected with the tracker, the find my phone app should still reach out to the phone. Ask for permission to connect, as a trusted device, be granted permission. Then ring the phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes