Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Sense battery drains 100 to 0 in 6 hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

I have a FitBit Sense which is just about 6 months old.  With my use, the battery used to last around 5-7 days, but without any change in my user habits, the battery life has begun declining dramatically.

With a full charge and regular use (worn on wrist with screen off), the battery now only lasts about 6 hours before the device is at 0% and turns itself off.  I'm not sure what to do about this?

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

I’d contact customer service. See if they can provide a replacement. I can’t think of any reason why the battery only last 6 hours except it is failing. 

Sense Activation 11/3/20\IPhone 12 Pro Max\SimpleClockPro Watch Face\Spigen Rugged Armor Pro Case/Band
Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. I just did the latest update.

Best Answer

I’ve had the same problem since my Sense updated last weekend.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing that you are having a similar issue. Sounds like it could very well be connected to the latest update. (Mine also started doing it around that time.) Does anyone know if this will be fixed soon, or if there's a way to roll back the update?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, I'm having almost the same problem, except my heart rate stopped working also and while I was working out! 😞  This watch has been flawless for the 1.5yrs that I've had it. Is this the life expectancy? Funny though after the update this happened! WTFudge?!! DMDJAI

Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased my Sense September 2020 and it's been working fine for the last 23 months.  I updated the firmware two days ago, yesterday it went from 30% to 0% in a couple of hours and now I can't get it to charge at all.  Since it's outside of warranty they won't replace or repair it but give me a small discount to buy another device.  Seems really sketchy to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi guys, I"m definitely seeing a pattern here with the update! Mine is discharging really fast and my heart rate is not working, so my question is how do we delete or turn back this update we just did?

DMDJAi
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same problem! When I sought out help from Twitter support they told me to try turning off most of the features on the watch, which is why I bought the sense in the first place. I tried turning off some of the setting which brought me up to 10 hrs.That wasn’t helpful nor was it a solution. I also purchased one for my mother and she’s having the same problem as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok guys, so I'll say it again, how do we turn back to the previous update version, it's obvious to me that this last update is the culprit!! If nobody has the answer I'll check YouTube and see if anybody posted a way back to the previous update. I guess I should try a factory reset which I haven't done.

Sent from my BlackBerry - the most secure mobile device
Best Answer
0 Votes

yes mine also, Fitbit need to rectify this with an updated patch asap as this smacks of the iPhone issues that lowered the battery life that forced customers to buy a new phone!?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow!! Diabolical!! That's it!! My first two Versa's had similar issues then I step up to a sense! They really got me good!! My next watch won't be a Fitbit!! My cousin has a Galaxy for the last few years with no problems, maybe it's time to move on! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sense has worked fine for months! I've had it maybe 7-8 with no issues. My app updated today and all of a sudden My sense went from 100%-0 in a few hours. I keep it on manual wakeup and do not use any of the fitness tracking apps. It's a glorified pedometer that I can screen text n emails on. No reason for the battery life to change from 5 days to 3 hours... very disappointed.  Guess I should have went with samsung after all.. 😞 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Brandey, I had a similar experience, I had mine for a little over a year so the one year warranty had expired! Wonderful timing!! However, fortunate for me I bought insurance for this one, after two previous lower models, (died within a year) I got smart and got the insurance! So, the insurance company had me mail it to them for free. They tried to fix the problem but couldn't! The insurance company sent me the money for it and I just ordered the Sense 2 with the money, of course I got the insurance again!! 😉 If It wasn't for insurance money I would have never got another Fitbit, I would have tried another company! Brandey, since you have less than a year I would contact them and have them replace it! It's not going to fix itself from that problem! Take care 🙂 DMDJ PS I'll never do another update!!

Best Answer
0 Votes