Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App roll forward to previous release as a new release, No message/text notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In order to back out a release that is causing problems is there a procedure to make a new release containing the old version pending a fix to the problem?

That way users can get working again quickly and it will reduce the negative impact on them.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Guy_

I don't think this would be something Fitbit would do, and as far as I can tell has not happened in the past. Although it's difficult to know as we never get a detailed change log as to what the release contains. I think a simpler solution would just be able to allow the user to roll back to the previous build, so you have current build and previous stable build. 

It's probably best to post this over on the feature suggestions board, as it's supposedly the official channel that the developers monitor. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi @N8teGee - thanks for your feedback, I already made similar suggestions in feature suggestions, not only did it locked for voting, it then got dropped into another topic, also locked.

See original suggestion.

Add a Notice board of known issues under development and issues resolved

Publicize recognized issues under development to appease users experiencing those problems, knowing they will get resolved.

Publicize issues that have been resolved so users know to escalate if they still have them or look for a more recent version containing the resolution

Publicize any service disruptions.

Having the option to do something when there is a problem with the Fitbit App [with a roll back feature, via a newer release number so it would automatically install] would help users enormously resolve an immediate problem.

May be a it's dream to help improve the current way of doing things, but worth trying anyway..

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer