Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Shutting Off While Sleeping

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Fitbit Sense for about 2 weeks now. 

A few days ago I noticed that my Fitbit sense is turning off when I go to sleep. 

Is there any one else with with this issue and have you resolved it? If so, how?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Can you clarify what you mean by "off" and how do you know that it is off?  What do you do to get it back "on"?

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

sorry.

I know it's off because the display does not activate when I look at it or do a short-press. So it looks like it just completely shuts down. And I am having to long press until I see the Fitbit symbol to turn it back on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was just checking because if it is in 'Sleep Mode', it won't come on with wrist turn either, though not sure if takes long press or just any button press.  Otherwise I'm no help.  I've never experienced that or read of it.  The only way I know to turn it off is through Settings > Shutdown, which I wouldn't think you would get to accidentally, but maybe.

Does it record your heart rate during the time it seems to be off?

You might try putting it in "Sleep Mode' manually when you go to bed and take off in the morning, just to see if that prevents it, in case you are accidentally activating buttons in your sleep to turn it off.  You can turn Sleep Mode on or off in Quick Settings by swiping right one screen from clock face.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks for your prompt response. 

I have never tried sleep mode. I always just wear the device to bed as normal, without doing anything extra to it and for the first week or so it was working fine.

I will give your tips a try and report back my findings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes