Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit sense alarms not going off - smart sense off or on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all! 

So its as the title says, my fitbit sense alarms don't go off randomly - I've tried them with smart wake on and off and it doesn't make a difference its still alarm roulette

If i remake the alarm it might go off, but its never a guarantee and its getting very annoying as i have to set up a backup alarm on my phone. 

Anyone had this issue? Know a fix? 

If you need any info on the sense just give me a shout - I've checked and as far as Fitbit app is concerned its all up to date firmware wise 

Many thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

You are 100% sure you haven't enabled "sleep mode", or "Do not disturb mode" when your watch doesn't sound the alarm?

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

100% I haven't

I thought about that and checked, like I've mentioned sometimes they go off and sometimes not. But to clarify if i set 4 alarms sometimes only two go off and sometimes none, sometimes all of them will 

It doesn't seem to have a rhyme or rythm 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hm, then I honestly do not know. The only thing I can think of is a system "hick up". You do restart your device from time to time? I try to restart mine either by pressing the capacity button for 10 secs, or by shutting it down in settings when I charge. Like any other device with a "memory", machine code can "Get lost" in RAM, 

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Hi @Senselessuser - as @LokeAa  says a restart might help. After syncing use a full Shutdown from the watch Settings menu. Wait at least 10 seconds before placing on the charger to restart it and charge it.

However, as the vibrate is weak and gets weaker as the battery level falls combined with how it is worn at the time, is it possible you miss the alarm?

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! 

I've synced it, turned it off, waited 10 minutes then put it on charge and let it fully charge.

I then deleted all the alarms and re made all 4

The alarms were the same this morning, only two went off the others didn't 

Best Answer

@Senselessuser - thanks for trying.

Can you try to add another 4 for during the day (at different times) and see if they work. 

As you can't reinstall the Alarms app, you could try removing the watch Bluetooth entries in the phone, remove the watch from the App, logout, clear storage cache and force stop it.

Login again and click "+ set up a Device" and replace. Check notifications and other settings are all ok after.

A more drastic approach would be a factory reset from the watch Settings, About Sense menu. Wait several minutes before doing anything with the watch.

It will need to be setup from scratch after, which will take time and there is always a risk of failure but if under warranty it can be replaced where you bought it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes