Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit sleep and heart rate readings

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit (the newer waterproof one) barely ever gives me my sleep stats. And when I work out it won’t read my heart rate much at all either. 

I have tried loosening the band, having it tighter. Cleaning it. Restarting. Nothing works. These are the reasons I got it. If I wanted to only count my steps I would’ve gotten something much cheaper. 

anyone have this happen with theirs and have a solution? Might as well sell this and get an Apple Watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I am having the same problems if I would have known this I would have gotten a Versa. My heart rate is nothing like when I had a Versa and I’m working just as hard. Very disappointed in this purchase

Best Answer

The heart rate measurement is a known problem [floors is another one] - however it does normally give a good heart rate reading when kept still for a few minutes.

If its not recording sleep that is an issue - it may be faulty.

Probably best to contact Fitbit Support directly. They may be able to help you.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes
My sleep is being recorded it’s my heart rate during exercise. With my Versa I could see my heart rate in the cardio and peak areas. Now my cardio rates are really low and I never see anything in my peak range. I work hard without any readings which is very discouraging. I have adjusted the band but there isn’t any difference.
This was a very big purchase for me
Help,
Linda Hallman

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@hallman1493 

Am waiting on an armband optical heart rate monitor to arrive. Will be comparing HR readings between this dedicated HR monitor versus the Sense's HR readings. The worry is, if the Sense's readings are way off to the dedicated monitor, then the landscape changes for the usability of the Sense's HR readings, which definitely will cascade to the other health metrics within the App. When comparing these readings, will be wearing the Sense 2 finger width from the wrist bone as recommended in the fitbit help articles during exercise (running).

Having a point of comparison is better than just guessing on HR accuracy. So we'll see... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  You will probably find with a dedicated heart rate monitor what is described here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Guy_ 

Thanks. From your linked post, using the Sense for heart rate monitoring appears to be of no use then if readings are only accurate when the user is still. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  Pretty much 

Though at least you will know when you're moving! Lol

RHR might be accurate and you'll get an overall perspective of what is displayed when doing things,  but it may not be the correct absolute values.

Best Answer
0 Votes