Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitibit sense lost on first swim northern beaches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought a brand new fitbit sense yesterday at JB Hi-fi in warriewood mall ( northern beaches sydney) for 489 dollars. Came home set it up and went for a swim in north narraben. 20 minutes in, watch is gone!

How can a 500 dollars watch not last

1 single swim?!?!?! 

Talked to tue live chat and they said I'm really sorry, this shouldn't happen it's an isolate case, but nothing we can do about it. Buy a new one. Hahahaha GREAT!!!!

Wife went with her watch ( competitors) and how surprised was I when hers came back out with her? Now I know, shoudlve gone to the competitors...

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

... nothing done about it. Worst costumer support I have experienced on the past few years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you lost it in the pool and want a new one? How is that anyone's fault but your own? Or am I missing something are you saying you went for a swim and it dosent work anymore?

Best Answer
0 Votes

While the latch mechanisms for the bands do not appear sturdy, I'm not sure how the whole watch could vanish. Maybe check to see if your credit card has insurance for a situation like this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no idea how the infinity band could come loose if it was closed correctly. Maybe the latch for the band to connect to the device itself wasn't closed 100%. I have heard fitbit give 25% off vouchers for situations kind of  like this as a "good will" maybe that's something to look into?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what you expect customer support to do about it. You bought the watch, you lost the watch, not their problem UNLESS you could have retrieved the watch and seen the defect which caused it to come off. Sounds like the band may not have been clipped into the watch securely. I had a watch fall off my arm because of this once and was fortunately  aware of it happening. The watch with the same band lasted for three years with no further problems. Now I always check the band when I buy a replacement watch. Nothing to do with where you or your wife bought your watches, as the staff there would not be checking each and every watch. It is a lot of money to lose and I understand you are annoyed, as I would be, but I can not even see how it would be covered by credit card insurance - again unless it could be proved to have been a faulty watch. Maybe you contents insurance if you have personal items insured for when they are being used away from home.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ocean swim my friend

Best Answer
0 Votes

And that's the problem. How can one retrieve something from the ocean? I have literally walked 3 hours today, from long Reef to north narrabeen and back 2 times trying to sync it to see I'd I could find it. And off course I checked the wrist band 100 times. It was my first 500 dollars watch, it was as it should be. 

Best Answer
0 Votes